Intel VS AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLeigh

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
I'm looking to purchase a new computer for home use. I currently have a dinosaur (Dell 10 yrs old) an am looking at a HP Pavillion 23 P-110 All In One, AMD A8 Quad Core Processor. I primarily use my computer for Word, Excel, Social Networking, Data entry thru a virtual server. No gaming. Can I get some thoughts or opinions on this computer.

Solution

I build my own computers so I like desktops, which I can costumize and upgrade as I need/please. AOI's aren't very costumizable once bought, so I don't like that aspect. Also you are stuck with the monitor. A monitor is the one thing of a pc that (usually) lasts for a long...

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
For your use the pc will do fine if upgraded to 8 gb of ram, 4gb of ram is not enough for windows to run comfortably.

Also it ships with windows 8, which some people find annoying as it tends to put emphasis on its touch capabilities. If you are comfortable with that this should be no problem, but if you have not seen this before I suggest you go to some pc store to test it. It can take some getting used to.

DanaLeigh

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015

I'm trying to stay in the $700 to $800 range, because I will also need to buy the Microsoft office 365 program.

DanaLeigh

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015

What is your opinion desktop vs all in one

Sandstorm3000

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I am no fan of all in one's if you just have a normal monitor i'd really suggest buying a desktop since itll have much more power to work with.

You can get a PC with windows 7 or 8 with home premium, or ultimate which means itll include office 365 if im correct (mine did)

But, in what country do you live. Otherwise i can't suggest something if it isn't sold in your country/shipped to.

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
That AIO (or a less expensive model) would really rock with an SSD. It's a simple matter to replace and makes a world of difference in any build.

The thing is --- an AIO is an expensive cross between a laptop and a desktop without the real advantages of either. It's simply less expense to purchase a 'SSF' Small Form Factor computer and connect it to a monitor of your choosing ...

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

I build my own computers so I like desktops, which I can costumize and upgrade as I need/please. AOI's aren't very costumizable once bought, so I don't like that aspect. Also you are stuck with the monitor. A monitor is the one thing of a pc that (usually) lasts for a long time, so once you're AOI becomes obsolete so does the monitor that's stuck to it.

In terms of value for your money there are tons of better deals out there:
http://www.techbargains.com/catsearch.cfm/0_12_0
http://slickdeals.net/deals/computers/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.