Solved! Interfacing Wireless Head Set

May 15, 2019
I am trying to interface my wireless headset to my new Samsung TV. I bought a HMDI to HMDI+audio extractor that I connected between my TV HDMI ARC input and my home theater HDMI, then connected the headset transmitter to the R/W RCA connectors on the extractor. I get no TV audio thru the Home Theater system and no headset audio. The TV does switch to Receiver (HDMI) sound output and the Home Theater system powers on. The TV remote will control the Home Theater volume (no sound but display indicates the volume is being control). Movies will play on TV from the Home Theater. Head Set works fine with input from Alexa. What’s up? Guess extractor could be defective or not ARC compatible?

Solution
If the extractor doesn't specifically say that it's ARC compatible it won't work.
ARC has to be turned on in the TV menu as well.
You could also use an digital to analog converter if the TV has a digital audio output. You don't lose an HDMI input that way. The digital output has to be turn on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo.
If the extractor doesn't specifically say that it's ARC compatible it won't work.
ARC has to be turned on in the TV menu as well.
You could also use an digital to analog converter if the TV has a digital audio output. You don't lose an HDMI input that way. The digital output has to be turn on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo.

Solution