Intermittent internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
Hello everyone,

for over 10yrs i have been contacting Comcast about an intermittent internet connectivity to my modem, slow speeds and over all poor service quality. I have made far too many appointments with technicians to count until recently the usual solution was to change out equipment(which from 2019-2020 I had 6 “faulty Comcast gateways replaced, befoore being to to get my own equipment,) add three-way splitters, two-way splitters, multiple two-ways, filters, and the last two technicians have told me ”there’s nothing they could do. I was however told that I needed to replace the old coaxial cables. A work order was made to replace said coaxials, and after waiting the 8am to 8pm and into the next day I still haven’t had any contact from a technician. I have had to since cancel so another technician come to check my equipment again.

Should I have to replace the coaxial within my residence, granted the majority of the cable is old (pre-internet?)
What is the likelihood a single person could receive a half dozen faulty gateways from the same company?

please any thoughts or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

for over 10yrs i have been contacting Comcast about an intermittent internet connectivity to my modem, slow speeds and over all poor service quality. I have made far too many appointments with technicians to count until recently the usual solution was to change out equipment(which from 2019-2020 I had 6 “faulty Comcast gateways replaced, befoore being to to get my own equipment,) add three-way splitters, two-way splitters, multiple two-ways, filters, and the last two technicians have told me ”there’s nothing they could do. I was however told that I needed to replace the old coaxial cables. A work order was made to replace said coaxials, and after waiting the 8am to 8pm and into the next day I still haven’t had any contact from a technician. I have had to since cancel so another technician come to check my equipment again.

Should I have to replace the coaxial within my residence, granted the majority of the cable is old (pre-internet?)
What is the likelihood a single person could receive a half dozen faulty gateways from the same company?

please any thoughts or ideas would be extremely helpful.
How old is the cable coming into your home from the pole or wherever they bring it in from? Spectrum switched out our very old cables and other outside equipment to updated stuff and signals have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.