Internal sd card shows unsupported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushpa_1

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I have a Karbon Sparkle V , an android one production.
When the new Marshmallow update hit on my phone, I installed it. There was an option that sd card can be used as internal memory, I did that cause the internal storage of this phone is really low. I had put all my data into this sd card after formatting it into internal storage. After a month my phone lost it's OS. I went to the nearest mobile repair and got my phone back but it had lollipop version installed on it so I downloaded the Marshmallow update and installed it. Now my phone says that the sd card is unsupported. Please can anyone help. Thanks in advance

Solution
If the card was formatted, the photos should not be recoverable. There are a few programs/apps out there (like recovery android, etc.,) that can try and recover deleted files and data, but I am truly not sure if they can recover anything from a formatted card. Couldn't hurt to try.

Just a side note... Many of those programs will allow a free trial, to try and find the data, but to actually recover it (if any is found) they often charge a fee. Just so you know.
Unfortunately the formatting done to the card when you did the first update altered the card. With it being put back to Lollipop and then to Marshmallow again, it is completely possible it would no longer register the card. You "might" and I emphasize "might" be able to gain access to the SD card while it is in the phone, hooked up to a computer through a USB. The computer then may be able to read the card.

You can also try troubleshooting the card from the computer, but before doing that, I would really try the first option. I say that because if you run the troubleshooter and then choose to repair any errors, it could make you lose everything on the card. Just like if you were to reformat it to work with the phone again.

To try troubleshooting, but without changing anything, hook it up to a computer via USB and in windows go into "Devices and Printers". Locate the phone by it's odd icon and the name. Right click on the image and select "Troubleshoot". Again, do not run any fixes using this before you have tried to gain access to the aforementioned way.

In the future I would very much suggest you back up all your data regularly. Either to a computer or cloud account.

Pushpa_1

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

I did what u suggested atlast i end up formating the sd card out of frustration, but I regret it can you tell me any way to recover photos at least.

If the card was formatted, the photos should not be recoverable. There are a few programs/apps out there (like recovery android, etc.,) that can try and recover deleted files and data, but I am truly not sure if they can recover anything from a formatted card. Couldn't hurt to try.

Just a side note... Many of those programs will allow a free trial, to try and find the data, but to actually recover it (if any is found) they often charge a fee. Just so you know.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.