Internet Addiction Leaves Man Homeless

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Nothing is a right that is achieved or maintained at the forced expense of others. This guy is entitled to his choices, certainly, but he is not entitled to have others compelled by force to pay for them, e.g. food stamps.[/citation]
Well, that's another issue, and one in which I agree with you. I was simply trying to draw the distinction between someone like this and someone addicted to crack or meth or heroin (in other words, REAL addicts). The latter group would beg, steal and/or kill in order to obtain a fix. Such addicts have even been known to do such horrifying things as selling their own children to pedophiles in order to get money for a fix. I've never heard of an Internet addict doing anything more serious than borrowing wi-fi access without permission.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]papasmurf[/nom]This is the reason I hate our government, we give people like this food stamps. I think food stamps should require the same proof of effort that unemployment does. Proof that you're out looking for work. I can't believe that my tax dollars go towards expanding this guy's large gut[/citation]

and do not forget those same taxes pay for his world of warcraft subscription.

now how f'ed up is that :0

Status
Not open for further replies.