Interplay Wins Fallout Battle Against Bethesda

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedford10

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]True, but without Bethesda (and their fine RPG heritage), the fallout games could really suck...[/citation]

You best be joking. The Fallout series (excluding 3, but still good) was one of the best to grace the PC. You should thank your lucky stars nerds don't show up and beat you senseless.

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]True, but without Bethesda (and their fine RPG heritage), the fallout games could really suck...[/citation]

NERD SMASH!!!!

Anyways there shouldn't be much of a confusion as the first 3 where mostly turn based and top view only. The new one Is an FPS. Anyways only an moron would buy a game with out looking to see what type of game it is or with out reading the box. As the box tells you a great deal about said game.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]kavic[/nom]NERD SMASH!!!!Anyways there shouldn't be much of a confusion as the first 3 where mostly turn based and top view only. The new one Is an FPS. Anyways only an moron would buy a game with out looking to see what type of game it is or with out reading the box. As the box tells you a great deal about said game.[/citation]

Lol i know a guy who bought halo wars and was like "wtf this isn't halo!"

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]autoimmune[/nom]Bethesda's punishment for making fallout 3 when they should have made Elder Scrolls 5.[/citation]
How about they do both?

I want ES:5 badly... hope it can bring down a 4GHz Gulftown, 12GB RAM and dual 5970's to their knees still...
Fallout 3 was still a good game. To people like me who don't care for turn based and top down viewing angle, Fallout 3 was a good compromise that still included much of the spirit of the originals.

I hope they make the Fallout MMORPG decent...

G

Both games have their merits -

F3 = one of the best FPS RPGs
F1&2&T = old school, created the genre, great turn-based rpg

I wish they would see eye to eye, but I have seen Interplay's new packaging and ads and at first glance thought they were F3 expansions, so I can see Bethesda's point. Maybe Interplay should remarket their stuff in such a way that doesn't seem like they are trying to re-breathe life by riding Bethesdas coattails.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
yay thank god !!! , i don't have to worry about rushing to buy Fo1 and 2 from steam (when i dotn ahve money for them ) now i can wait til i have the money and get them .

could care less for a MMO hoping bethesda puts a lotta effort in FO4 and DOESN"T use a ES engine for it but gives it it's own engine

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]rsandoz[/nom]Both games have their merits - F3 = one of the best FPS RPGs F1&2&T = old school, created the genre, great turn-based rpgI wish they would see eye to eye, but I have seen Interplay's new packaging and ads and at first glance thought they were F3 expansions, so I can see Bethesda's point. Maybe Interplay should remarket their stuff in such a way that doesn't seem like they are trying to re-breathe life by riding Bethesdas coattails.[/citation]

technically FO3 is a action arpg , not relalya FPSer RPG , callign ti FPSer rpg gives the idea that is is only playble in FPS view which is not the dcase as their is a third personm view toggle

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Fallout became famous because of interplay's work on fallout 1 and 2, not Bethesda's Fallout 3. Even though I enjoy Fallout 3 more than previous 2 due to its modern technology and graphic.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Well, being Fallout 3 was my introduction to the series, I can say that Bethesda's offering definited raised the bar on the game by creating an overall immersive experience that has yet to be rivaled. The only part of the game I found disappointing was the lack of a detailed, endgame cut-scene. That being said, I hope Bethesda does a Fallout 4!

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
I have yet to play Fallout 3; I loved the first 2 and couldn't wait to get 3. Then I played Oblivion. Now I'm not so sure. Has Bethesda improved their engine (and storytelling) since Oblivion?

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Without Fallout 3 and Bethesda the the Fallout franchise would still only be known by diehard fans of the originals. By bringing the name to the forefront on PC, 360 and PS3 they just opened the eyes of many people who had never heard of the games.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Oh, and as much as I loved Oblivion I hated the animations and how stupid many of the characters looked. Fallout did a better job in this regard, not amazing but better at least.

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Now that this is sort of over get moving on Descent 4 Interplay![/citation]

I would rather they make Freespace 3, that said, isn't Interplay the publisher and Volition the people who made both Descent and Freespace.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Skid[/nom]I would rather they make Freespace 3, that said, isn't Interplay the publisher and Volition the people who made both Descent and Freespace.[/citation]
Can't we have both? :D

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Skid[/nom]I would rather they make Freespace 3, that said, isn't Interplay the publisher and Volition the people who made both Descent and Freespace.[/citation]
Volition are part of THQ now, and I think the current rumours suggest that Descent 4 would be made by Interplay's in-house development team. I honestly wouldn't want Descent 4 if it was made by someone owned by THQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.