Interview with Harman International CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
"With Apple, you become paranoid with regard the quality. Test after test--to the point where you can get frustrated at times because they will not accept anything less than 100 percent."

I find that hard to believe given the landfill-quality earbuds they used to ship with their ipods. The new ones are supposedly not too bad, but the ones I got ~5 years ago had such horrid frequency response in the low end and distortion levels that a pair of $10 Sony Fontopias seemed like audiophile gear by comparison.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
That's a good point, but people never expect packaged earbuds, regardless of the product, to be any good. While that isn't an excuse for poor quality (I wish they were better, too), I think a lot of people who genuinely care about the sound coming out of their earbuds or headphones will go and buy a decent pair.

G

Hyundai-Genesis is actually branded "Lexicon" not Infinity. And the last statement should read "JBL Synthesis" not "JBL Synthesizers"

G

The marketing of both Harman and JBL has never properly put forward the image of their connection to the recording business. Consequently they have never grown to the levels that they could achieve. Harman International owns so much technology that isn't being used, yet they always work to redefine the needs of the marketplace (not necessarily a bad thing). As big as they are they should be bigger infront of the consumer.

G

I wonder how many jobs in europe will go when everything moves to china,the only way to make billion dollar products is to cut costs and ship everthing from china,It must have cost millions to put the factory in Hungary 2 years ago and now that will probably close,what a waste of money that was, NOW off to china for cheaper labour and parts.Mr Paliwall should stop trying to make a name for himself and concentrate on keeping the harman quality going,people will pay for quality products.

Status
Not open for further replies.