Inverter or ccfl tube defect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jand42

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Inverter or ccfl tube defect ?

My laptop, fujitsu siemens Amilo li3910 with 18,4 inch lcd-screen with inverter and ccfl backlight has a problem.
The symptoms are:
At startup (power on) backlight starts but is off after a few seconds.
When i operate the f10 key (controls single and or double monitor function) the ccfl bulb lights up again for some seconds but then off again.
Then i repeat the f10 operation.
After 3 or 5 repeats within ca 5 minutes the backlight stays on.
The health of the laptop accu is poor. So i use the power adapter
When i pull the power cord, and laptop has only battery power, screen flickers one or two seconds and backlight goes off.
After operating f10key it comes up, but the left half of the screen has a lower brihtness than the right side.
When i then attach power cord before the light goes off again, brigthness left half comes back and equals right side.
external monitor works flawless.
When i take off the bezel of the screen i can take the inverter between my fingers.
If laptop is powered and i bend lightly the inverter, the backlight stays on but brightnes differs while bending.
When i manually set brightness as low as possible, screen tends to flicker, especially at the start up proces when inverter temperature is low.

Can somebody tell me from experience what to replace: the inverter or the ccfl tube.
Please dont tell me to replace the screen or the entire laptop.
My own guess is the inverter....; i hope so because replacement is easy and bulb replacement isnt.

Thank you for your attention.
Regards,
Jand.

Jand42

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
Hello again,

My question about inverter or ccfl tube is answered!
Today i changed the old inverter for a new one and no problems anymore.
So the above mentioned symptoms point at a defective inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.