Investigation Could See iPhone, Blackberry Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]astrodudepsu[/nom]Did MS ever actually have to quit selling office? If not, then the iphone and BB's are safe.[/citation]

They had to change it actually.

If Kodak wins they'll pay fines, and they'll buy a license.......and Apple will no doubt levy some fee to their customers in some manner.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]They had to change it actually.If Kodak wins they'll pay fines, and they'll buy a license.......and Apple will no doubt levy some fee to their customers in some manner.[/citation]
Funny how an increase production cost for a product increases its sales price...
It's a conspiracy!

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I hope this hurts apple (although it probably wont). Ever since Xerox gave them the gui interface and mouse idea, they pretty much feel like all technology is up for grabs as long as no one is taking theirs. Look at all the crap they are going through with the trademark name "IPAD"! I am sure they new about it from the begining but I could just see Jobs and the others in the board room discussing this when they came up with the name "What are they going to do... Sue us? Go ahead... Were Fu##in Apple"

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]I hope this hurts apple (although it probably wont). Ever since Xerox gave them the gui interface and mouse idea, they pretty much feel like all technology is up for grabs as long as no one is taking theirs. Look at all the crap they are going through with the trademark name "IPAD"! I am sure they new about it from the begining but I could just see Jobs and the others in the board room discussing this when they came up with the name "What are they going to do... Sue us? Go ahead... Were Fu##in Apple"[/citation]

Apple knows how to play rough.. its why they are successful.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
if kodak want the devices not to be sold then the outcome (without kodak talking to apple and RIm) will result in those devices NOT being sold in the US!

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Lashton - not a chance...

This is Kodak doing a wallet job on the 2 most successful device makers in the space currently. They want to get paid, and halting sales kills the goose that lays the golden license fees...

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
Personally I think Kodak is shooting themselves in the foot here. This is going to result in resentful brand recognition for kodak since people love apple and blackberry products, and will hate kodak for having them pulled from the shelves.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
And guruofchem's statement that it's just Kodak looking to make money can be backed by the fact that they waited until the products were very successful before bringing this to court. If this was to truly protect their IP, Kodak would have sued the instant these products came to the market. What it appears that Kodak is trying to do is leverage some court support against Apple and RIM so they can force them to pay a licensing fee. It's all about money, and if anyone tells you that business is about money they are lying to your face.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
it's supposed to be if anyone tells you that business isn't about money they are lying to your face. We really could use an edit button please.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I can see Kodak forcing Apple and RIM to push software updates which disable the cameras in the blackberrys and iPhones and iPods and if you're not using the newest software past a certain date then your device won't work at all... This of course is contingent on neither company paying a fine and getting a licence for the tech. Seems Kodak since it can't sell film anymore is trying to keep itself afloat they way Rambus is keeping itself afloat.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
The old way of making a patent "Write your idea that works down so no body can use it without your permission."

The new way "Write the most ambiguous idea you can think of and cover the broadest spectrum, wait, and sue away."

It's just too bad.

pelomixa

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
LOL Apple knows how to play rough? What a joke... Apple deserves quite a few slaps in the face, and I'm anxious to see this happen, considering they violated the law and obviously dont give a rats ass. Yet that skinny prick Jobs complains about google entering the phone market?

Pelomixa

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Of the ten latest topics six were directly or indirectly of Apple, what have happened to Toms Hardware ? Really ? Why not rename the site to IToms Hardware - We only type all we can find about one brand and ignore the rest!

SininStyle

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Given that Kodak has filed similar suits against Samsung and LG in the past
In January Kodak said it had warned both Apple and RIM about their infringements before filing the complaint.

So this argument has gone Kodaks way before, Kodak warned Apple and RIM before hand...

Why exactly all the hate toward Kodak? Seems to me this is by far the fairest lawsuit ive seen in months. Its happened before and a warning and yet they STILL went with the " whatever we gona do it anyway" attitude. Pretty sure Kodak deserves this payout after all that. Bigger companies thinking they can just take whatever they want and deal with the collateral later with a check. They knew well in advance this wasnt gona fly. I hope Kodak makes out huge.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
[citation][nom]SininStyle[/nom]So this argument has gone Kodaks way before, Kodak warned Apple and RIM before hand... Why exactly all the hate toward Kodak? Seems to me this is by far the fairest lawsuit ive seen in months. Its happened before and a warning and yet they STILL went with the " whatever we gona do it anyway" attitude. Pretty sure Kodak deserves this payout after all that. Bigger companies thinking they can just take whatever they want and deal with the collateral later with a check. They knew well in advance this wasnt gona fly. I hope Kodak makes out huge.[/citation]
If Kodak makes out huge, then it'll hit us consumers in the pocket book in the end, as it always does. Somehow the lawsuit makes it out to be, "boo hoo, we had no choice, sorry loyal customers!"...

Status
Not open for further replies.