iOS 12 Beta Complete Guide: Tips, Tricks and How-Tos for Your iPhone

Jun 29, 2018
"You don’t need to do anything special to use Google Maps or Waze on CarPlay, though of course, those apps first need to be installed on your iPhone. Once they are, you will see them on the CarPlay home screen alongside all of your other CarPlay-compatible apps. "

Can anyone confirm this? I have the public beta installed but regular versions of those apps and it does not show up on CarPlay. From what I am reading the betas are needed.

Jun 29, 2018
Most likely, those versions of the apps that you have... don't support Carplay. I read from a Waze Community post, that Waze has only likely released this to their own pool of Waze Beta testers.

Sep 18, 2018
I just downloaded the new, full iOS 12 to my iPhone and connected it to my CarPlay (2017 Subaru). Neither WAZE for Google Maps showed up. Does anyone have any idea how to get it appear? (I have them both on my iPhone and opened them while connected). Thanks!

Sep 20, 2018
You need to make sure to update google maps in the app store. Waze is not supported as of yet but coming

Sep 18, 2018
Very helpful - thanks! I did update Google Maps and it appeared on my cars's screen yesterday and works! As noted, WAZE isn't there yet.

Sep 23, 2018
I’m not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but under screen time > always allow, some apps show up as only numbers with no icon. There’s no way to tell what those apps are. Any idea what is causing this?

Jason3022

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
While details/specifics are great, they could have made this much simpler - it is overly complex.

Here's why:

I simply want to know how much 'Screen Time' I've used since I unplugged my Ipad from the wall. That information is not available - it does not coincide with 'Battery' either, which is pure lunacy.

I'm not sure what these techs. are thinking but it positively is not with the average end-user in mind.
I am not alone in this thought.