iOS 8 Lets You Switch to Private Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
I like the article, but I think it's a hollow victory for the security, and anonymity, minded. Personally, I don't think this is enough. I would definitely recommend using Disconnect if you really want to take advantage of DDG in a much more secure and anonymous way.

I'm waiting for WhiteHat Aviator to be available on Android and iOS. That will be the day that the iPhone has a real evolution in security; at least, I think that would be a great start. What would be even better is replacing Safari with Aviator. Honestly, I wish Apple didn't suck with their "security" to begin with. They have been getting better in certain ways, but it seems to be very little more than failed attempts. In my eyes, they're no better than Microsoft; and we all know Microsoft has a lot of serious security problems.

On the flip side, it is a step in the right direction. I'm just too sceptical of iOS (and especially iPhone users) to really think that making DDG an optional primary search engine would make much of a difference. On the upside, I don't have to rely on Google's targeted crap to give me the results I want when I'm using iOS, as I've never liked their search results for facts/etc. when compared to DDG. For those who want to stick with Google, and remain anonymous, I suggest using Disconnect; that way you can maintain anonymity and still use Google's service; of course, your search results are only of unbiased and anonymous quality if you are not signed into your Google account while doing the searches. I know it sounds strange that I have to say that, but everyone forgets to take a certain security measure from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.