iOS Growing More Than Android in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I think US citizens are the only ones in the world who are pissing their pants when they hear of another i(instert product here). In my country we have apple fans also but didn`t hear of people waiting in line several days before a product lunch.

Arosvar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I like Android, mostly because its high customability and flexibility.

iOS is good. Love its simplicity and design. Oh, the accessories are great too.
But somehow, it makes me feel like I'm in some kinda "fairy land" with all sort of magik stuffs and all.
Touch nothin', change nothin, ask nothin'. Just sit and enjoy what we've painstakingly made for you.

If only Apple would be more... "lenient" to their phone, sure they'll be gettin more share.

Just my opinion, no offense.

G

It only makes sense, it's the land where the iSheep elected George Bush Jr.... TWICE!

ukee1593

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Let me guess: This "12 Week Period" included the launch of the iPhone 5?

This would make sense as Europe is doing considerably worse financially than the USA, making the more budget offerings from Google Android much more appealing to the Europeans. Meanwhile the US has a glut of iSheep stocking up on the new iPhone 5 they have been craving ....

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]mirrormirror[/nom]It only makes sense, it's the land where the iSheep elected George Bush Jr.... TWICE![/citation]

You can correlate Apple products to George W. Bush supporters? Where's your proof backing this. Its sad when anti-Apple individuals have to sink to this level.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]mirrormirror[/nom]It only makes sense, it's the land where the iSheep elected George Bush Jr.... TWICE![/citation]
Though that was indeed a travesty I wouldn't blame it on the iSheep.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Arosvar[/nom]I like Android, mostly because its high customability and flexibility.iOS is good. Love its simplicity and design. Oh, the accessories are great too.But somehow, it makes me feel like I'm in some kinda "fairy land" with all sort of magik stuffs and all.Touch nothin', change nothin, ask nothin'. Just sit and enjoy what we've painstakingly made for you.If only Apple would be more... "lenient" to their phone, sure they'll be gettin more share.Just my opinion, no offense.[/citation]The openness of Android is an attraction for mobile developers. Apple has very strict rules of what you can and cannot do as far as UI is concerned, for example

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Three days ago they just said how Andriod captured 75% of the market in the 3rd quarter. One week ago they said Apple held over 50% of volume of sales. Now they are saying iOS is on top.

I give up trying to figure out toms.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
New Android phones are released year-round, while the only iPhone release of the year happened during the course of the study, so of course iPhone usage is going to go up in that period.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
The people elected him once. The electoral college elected him twice ;)

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
9/11 was an inside job.

[citation][nom]ukee1593[/nom]Let me guess: This "12 Week Period" included the launch of the iPhone 5?[/citation]
That's pretty much what it looks like. The iPhone 4S was released in October 2011. The iPhone 5 was released in September 2012. So the 12-week comparison period in 2011 is when iPhone users were waiting for the 4S to come out, while in 2012 it's when they were buying iPhone 5s. Pretty worthless as a statistical data point.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdahistory

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
only on tomshardware a comment would get 13 ups like this... i think all sense of logic has been thrown out the window these past few years. android lovers have set up camp.

G

The 75% figure was worldwide sales while this is looking specifically at US/UK.
So that means that in the rest of the world android was even more dominant than 75% sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.