iOS Official Pokédex Costs $26 to Catch 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Waiting for some negative Apple comment... 7[/citation]

Apple blows.

There... didn't want to disappoint :p

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]deftonian[/nom]Apple blows.There... didn't want to disappoint[/citation]

LOL, predictable - I'm just surprised it wasn't the first comment :)

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Do kids even play Pokémon today?[/citation]

Someone still plays it, their latest versions are still selling.

Not surprising at all on Nintendo's part. Why would you release an affordable app for a competing platform? Now they can officially go "You can pay $26 to have it on iOS, or you can get a 3ds and have it for free."

But if you want a justification for the high price, Game Freak does not usually develop for iOS, their usual platform is the DS Dev kit. The added expense is them having to learn the new platform.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]My Pokemon days stopped after FireRed. Ah, good times with the ol' GBA.[/citation]

Same here, I still have FireRed and my GBA somewhere in my bottom drawer. Maybe it's time for another round of pokemons.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]Wait, hold it... Something is VERY wrong.Zak, are you still alive?[/citation]
Something is VERY wrong indeed. I can't say that I've seen Catherine Cai post anything about Apple before as that used to be all Zak.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]My Pokemon days stopped after FireRed. Ah, good times with the ol' GBA.[/citation]

More of a bad pun...

- Catherine Cai

Status
Not open for further replies.