IOS vs Android for Bluetooth speakers

G

why are bluetooth speakers different for android and iphone?

getochkn

Splendid
No difference. A bluetooth speaker is a bluetooth speaker. Versions of bluetooth required may vary, but it can't be designated for one or the other. Now if it's not bluetooth and has a dock port, then yes, iphone only, etc are they use different charging/data jacks than android, but bluetooth, no. I could use a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver, a phone, tablet, iphone, my android TV box, my tv, to a bluetooth speaker, or in my case, bluetooth headphones. Or a PC with a bluetooth dongle or a laptop. Or your car.

It's just stupid marketing if companies are doing that.

G

I note that the box has a sticker saying 'Made for iPod,iPhone,iPad' and other speaker which is exactly the same model, have the sticker 'Made for Android'. Is there I difference in the l Bluetooth signal between iOS and android? It seems only the more expensive speakers can connect to both?

getochkn

Splendid
No difference. A bluetooth speaker is a bluetooth speaker. Versions of bluetooth required may vary, but it can't be designated for one or the other. Now if it's not bluetooth and has a dock port, then yes, iphone only, etc are they use different charging/data jacks than android, but bluetooth, no. I could use a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver, a phone, tablet, iphone, my android TV box, my tv, to a bluetooth speaker, or in my case, bluetooth headphones. Or a PC with a bluetooth dongle or a laptop. Or your car.

It's just stupid marketing if companies are doing that.

G

Ok, after a lot of repeated attempts I have now finally been able to connect my android device to this speaker, Thanks.

Rayworkd_1

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I have a speaker made for iphone and ipod 30 pins I usually use it with iphone 4s.

I got an 30 pins to bluetooth adapter i noticed that it work with iphone, android and mac book pro. But it work better with iphone and mac the sound it's louder.

Any one any idea?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Audio 0
pro776 Audio 0
AiapaecGaming Audio 0
seenuvasan Audio 0
tomelks Audio 3
K Audio 1
M Audio 0
B Audio 1
daniel.avital62 Audio 1
A Audio 1