IOS vs Android for Bluetooth speakers

G

why are bluetooth speakers different for android and iphone?

Solution
No difference. A bluetooth speaker is a bluetooth speaker. Versions of bluetooth required may vary, but it can't be designated for one or the other. Now if it's not bluetooth and has a dock port, then yes, iphone only, etc are they use different charging/data jacks than android, but bluetooth, no. I could use a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver, a phone, tablet, iphone, my android TV box, my tv, to a bluetooth speaker, or in my case, bluetooth headphones. Or a PC with a bluetooth dongle or a laptop. Or your car.

It's just stupid marketing if companies are doing that.
G

I note that the box has a sticker saying 'Made for iPod,iPhone,iPad' and other speaker which is exactly the same model, have the sticker 'Made for Android'. Is there I difference in the l Bluetooth signal between iOS and android? It seems only the more expensive speakers can connect to both?

No difference. A bluetooth speaker is a bluetooth speaker. Versions of bluetooth required may vary, but it can't be designated for one or the other. Now if it's not bluetooth and has a dock port, then yes, iphone only, etc are they use different charging/data jacks than android, but bluetooth, no. I could use a bluetooth transmitter to a receiver, a phone, tablet, iphone, my android TV box, my tv, to a bluetooth speaker, or in my case, bluetooth headphones. Or a PC with a bluetooth dongle or a laptop. Or your car.

It's just stupid marketing if companies are doing that.

Solution
G

Ok, after a lot of repeated attempts I have now finally been able to connect my android device to this speaker, Thanks.

Rayworkd_1

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
I have a speaker made for iphone and ipod 30 pins I usually use it with iphone 4s.

I got an 30 pins to bluetooth adapter i noticed that it work with iphone, android and mac book pro. But it work better with iphone and mac the sound it's louder.

Any one any idea?