iPad 2 Launching Next Wednesday, March 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
If March 2nd is true then why buy 1st Gen iPad? Anyone notice "Best Offers" ad selling 1st gen iPads to the right of the article? If 2nd gen iPads are on the horizon then those prices still seem steep to me.

>just sayin

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
As far as I'm concerned, they can announce and ship it whenever they flippin' want, because, unless they announce that it's going to cost $300 or less... I won't be getting one...

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Make it $100 pricetag, and I wouldn't buy one. Heck give it to me and I will probably hand it over to a homeless guy. :D

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I don't see how a tablet can be more expensive than a netbook. It has inferior hardware and they run phone OS's thus far. I can see Apple being a hair more expensive than the rest due to the IPS panel, but other than that..they are all way overpriced!

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Watch it just be a press conference on March 2nd saying that it'll be here in June. Either way I'm waiting for Kal-El tablets

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Thats because its an apple product. Crappy on the inside, pretty outside and sold for 4x more than its actually worth.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Just give Apple your banking info so every time something with a few new features comes out you can have it and say "look at my new ***** ** *hit i just got" :)

pkadair

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
You have just stumbled upon economics 101, which is the very foundation that Apple uses in order to rape it's consumers (victims). Wiki planned obsolescence. Then google money-market economy.

If you actually take this seriously then you will learn some pretty knowledgeable stuff. I commend you on being someone who is capable of noticing these things, because most people (95% of the population) overlook it their entire life. Kudos.

G

For those who diss the Ipad-I just have one thing to say to you-sux 2 be U :)

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Why are they pushing these iOS things out so often? Why not just support the ones they have and wait a couple years to incorporate multiple new technologies into the next generation, rather than 1 every year?

Makes no sense.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Mehhhhhh so the 2 means it'll cost twice as much as the first iPad, but with a few extra bits of outdated technology and a extra couple of apple logos.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's sad to see so many people that can't make money complain about the iPad 2 because they can't afford it.

I'm not an Apple fan, but even less of a fan of incessant whiners who think everything made in the world has to target them. Apple targets a different market, people that can make money and are willing to spend it for something they want.

Forget price, either the iPad 2 is what you want or it isn't. If it's what I want (it isn't, in actuality), I would pay $700 or whatever, because working with a tool that I like working with is worth it to me. If I have to pay a couple hundred for that comfort, well, it's worth it. It's like buying more expensive food, when oat gruel or ramon noodles might do. You still buy the more expensive food, without whining about it.

Also, despite the rants and such, Apple has been rated the most reliable computers made by several independent studies. I'm not sure I believe it entirely, but, they are not junk on the inside, at any rate.

While I don't want an iPad 2, or iPhone, or anything Apple (and sadly, never had, except for a pretty Apple watch, and a nice mouse pad with a scantily clad girl on it), I always like companies that do something different, instead of drone companies like Dell and HP that don't do anything new, except create new emblems for their boxes.

Intel and AMD are innovative, and are excellent. But their customers often lack vision and innovation when using their products. Apple at least makes efforts to create new stuff, and reach new people in a way that wasn't done or done successfully before. What's HP or Dell ever do, except copy Apple?

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]I can barely contain my indifference[/citation]
So indifferent you can't resist coming into an Apple thread and posting. **yawn**

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Why are they pushing these iOS things out so often? Why not just support the ones they have and wait a couple years to incorporate multiple new technologies into the next generation, rather than 1 every year?Makes no sense.[/citation]

Because technology changes more than every couple of years. That's why.

[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]It's sad to see so many people that can't make money complain about the iPad 2 because they can't afford it. I'm not an Apple fan, but even less of a fan of incessant whiners who think everything made in the world has to target them. Apple targets a different market, people that can make money and are willing to spend it for something they want.Forget price, either the iPad 2 is what you want or it isn't. If it's what I want (it isn't, in actuality), I would pay $700 or whatever, because working with a tool that I like working with is worth it to me. If I have to pay a couple hundred for that comfort, well, it's worth it. It's like buying more expensive food, when oat gruel or ramon noodles might do. You still buy the more expensive food, without whining about it.Also, despite the rants and such, Apple has been rated the most reliable computers made by several independent studies. I'm not sure I believe it entirely, but, they are not junk on the inside, at any rate. While I don't want an iPad 2, or iPhone, or anything Apple (and sadly, never had, except for a pretty Apple watch, and a nice mouse pad with a scantily clad girl on it), I always like companies that do something different, instead of drone companies like Dell and HP that don't do anything new, except create new emblems for their boxes. Intel and AMD are innovative, and are excellent. But their customers often lack vision and innovation when using their products. Apple at least makes efforts to create new stuff, and reach new people in a way that wasn't done or done successfully before. What's HP or Dell ever do, except copy Apple?[/citation]

First smart post on here. Thank you. To all the whiners on here, don't buy the thing. No one cares if you can't afford Apples products. Us "victims" have disposable incomes and choose what to buy. No one has a gun to our heads when we buy one of their products. Call me a fanboy or whatev. It doesn't matter.

Sent from my Windows 7 PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.