iPad 2 Promo Image Points to February 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I wish this would go ahead and be released. I have not bought an Apple product since 1980 but I would like to experiment with an Ipad2.[/citation]

God bless you sir, for not purchasing apple products since then

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Well I'm gettting a tablet for my mother and I'm debating between the Ipad 2 or Motorola Xoom I'm leaning toward the Xoom depending on price and release date.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Terrible news for the other tablet makers if iPad 2 is coming that soon.

Apple already has the tablet market pretty much locked up. Now a new improved version is coming out right when other companies are trying to get their tablets to market.

If a consumer walks in and sees dozens of tablets from different manufacturers, how do they decide which one to buy? Then they see the corner of the store Best Buy has exclusively set aside for everything iApple. Brand new tablets, tons of custom accessories and cases, and a name they're familiar with. What do you think the average consumer is going to buy? A tablet that's been on the market for some time now and is in its second generation, or a completely unproven tablet from another manufacturer just starting out?

Best Buy doesn't have the floor space to carry every possible case & accessory for all these new tablets, which is going to appear to the consumer that they aren't as well supported, even if they are.

Great time for Apple fans, terrible time for Apple haters.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Terrible news for the other tablet makers if iPad 2 is coming that soon.Apple already has the tablet market pretty much locked up. Now a new improved version is coming out right when other companies are trying to get their tablets to market.If a consumer walks in and sees dozens of tablets from different manufacturers, how do they decide which one to buy? Then they see the corner of the store Best Buy has exclusively set aside for everything iApple. Brand new tablets, tons of custom accessories and cases, and a name they're familiar with. What do you think the average consumer is going to buy? A tablet that's been on the market for some time now and is in its second generation, or a completely unproven tablet from another manufacturer just starting out?Best Buy doesn't have the floor space to carry every possible case & accessory for all these new tablets, which is going to appear to the consumer that they aren't as well supported, even if they are.Great time for Apple fans, terrible time for Apple haters.[/citation]

Terrible news? That I doubt. If we look at the iPhone to the technical iPhone 2, there was nearly no difference. In fact even the iPhone 3 (3Gs) was pretty much the same just a few hardware upgrades.

My bet is that the iPad 2 will be just a iPad with another feature added that most other tablets already have. Plus you still have iOS yet there are Atom based Intel tablets that sport a 8 hour battery life, better specs AND, drum roll, have Windows 7. The full OS. Not some watered down phone/tablet version.

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/News/Motion-Computing-CL900/

I think Apple has a big head. Verizon got the iPhone 4. It wont matter to the majority of Verizon customers who have Android. Only the AT&T iPhone fans will move over for e better network.

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
Lalala lalalalalala My Name is Apple and I have No Competion
So I can have the Big Big Big Head...
Lalalala lalalalalal
:)

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]even if they are.Great time for Apple fans, terrible time for Apple haters.[/citation]

How so? I don't hate Apple however I dislike their methods of business and think their products are simply not worth the money they are charged. I will simply not buy their products and enjoy all the other great things on the market. Great time for me.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Too bad that 95% of consumers don't go to tech sites, build their own rigs or understand the hardware underneath. They just want something that works well for them. This is why the iPad is so successful and why all you haters sit their dumbfounded by its success - it's because you don't understand marketing or consumers.

The consumer electronics world does not revolve around the opinions of a few technonerds.

hmohniii

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Plus you still have iOS yet there are Atom based Intel tablets that sport a 8 hour battery life, better specs AND, drum roll, have Windows 7. The full OS. Not some watered down phone/tablet version.http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c [...] ing-CL900/I think Apple has a big head. Verizon got the iPhone 4. It wont matter to the majority of Verizon customers who have Android. Only the AT&T iPhone fans will move over for e better network.[/citation]

Good thing it'll have an eight hour battery life, because with Windows 7 on an Atom processor, it'll take that long to do anything! Ok, maybe not, but my point is is that Windows 7 is a Desktop/Laptop OS, it's too bloated for a Tablet. iOS may be a "wattered down tablet/phone" OS, but guess what, that's what is was designed for... phones and tablets! You don't see Android running on a desktop/laptop do you? Wouldn't be too useful because it wouldn't be using the full potential of the hardware it is installed on. You can't knock iOS for running on hardware it was designed for, especially when you don't mention the other tablet/phone OS(WebOS, Andriod, etc)... doing so just shows your unjustified hate towards Apple. Then there is the price. The link you provided just simply says it'll be under $1000... but how far under? You can buy an iPad from $500-$700(without 3G since after all the CL900 doesn't have 3G). If this tablet cost more, then of course it should be better. You have to compare Apples to Apples(pun not intended), so trying to compare an UNRELEASED tablet running an OS that hasn't proven to be useful on a Tablet like iOS and iPad have been, then you have nothing to stand on.

I'm sure there will be some out there hating what I've written, but if you want to make comparisons, you can't provide half truths, otherwise you are just showing your bias and how unreliable your opinion is.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
I seem to remember some other big event happening that day...
Oh yeah.. HP/Palm... thats funny.. that Apple would set that date trying to overshadow such a little event like new WebOS devices.. hmmm.. either way... its good for consumers and developers.
for me.. if it runs WebOS.. im in!

wunderkinder

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I agree, apple has a hold on the market and their "easy" to use system is what draws in so many people. As a tech/programmer I enjoy tinkering with programs, hardware etc, but the average person does not. This is why Apple iphone and ipad does so well, that and marketing!

Status
Not open for further replies.