iPad 3 battery problems please help

weeman8888

Estimable
May 27, 2014
Hi there I am having battery problems with my ipad three which is now a couple of years old. I am traveling Europe and my ipad doesn't hold a charge. After I use it a a hour or so it gets hot,my ipad is jail broken. I have turned off notifications and locations services and lowerd the screen level ect. I was wondering if there was a better faster charging cable that could charge my ipad faster(my USB cable seems so have a minor tear in it but it still charges. Any battery help would be much appreciate. Thanks

Solution
All you can do is ensure your charger has a 2.1Amp current as that is the fastest an iPad can support.

It sounds like the battery is dying, does it still reach 100% charge? If it doesn't and you leave it on charge hoping it will it is that which us causing it to get hot as its effectively overcharging and killing the battery faster.

sizzling

Distinguished
All you can do is ensure your charger has a 2.1Amp current as that is the fastest an iPad can support.

It sounds like the battery is dying, does it still reach 100% charge? If it doesn't and you leave it on charge hoping it will it is that which us causing it to get hot as its effectively overcharging and killing the battery faster.

Solution

weeman8888

Estimable
May 27, 2014

So yes it does hold charge to 100% and cause I'm traveling I bought the offical apple traveler plug in and it seems to work perfectly now. When I use my ipad for a hour or so it can get hot but it doesn't get hot when I charge it. Thanks for the help

weeman8888

Estimable
May 27, 2014

The real problem was that my charger that I bought was not allowing enouh power to my ipad so it would barely charge. But now I have the official Apple version of the charger so it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help