iPad Merged with BMW, Mercedes-Benz Designs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'd assume that both Benz and BMW would test its security with respect to sudden stops, but as pictured it looks like the iPad would go flying in a wreck. Even if I owned an iPad and wanted to make use of this I would want proof that it "meets safety standards."

[citation][nom]gregor[/nom]Us Europeans can say the same about American cars to be fair. My wife smashed the wing mirror glass on our Jeep, dealer wanted £160 for a new one[/citation]That sounds like it's about twice what it'd cost in the US. I always wonder how much of the cost difference of American-based products in Europe is actual import costs and how much is "because we can" gouging.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]wcooper007[/nom]Ahh whats soo funny is that most of the stuff that is made for that german car is made in china or japan LMAO so please...[/citation]

Yikes, invasion of the middle-school mindset! The mature mindset gets it's facts straight before coming to the table.

BMW and MB are made of parts from Germany. MB AMG is in some cases put together by one person who then stamps his name on the engine. The MB SUV is made in the USA of primarily German imported parts. Bosch, a German company, makes many of the components for most European makes, much like AC Delco does for GM.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Honestly, iPad isn't new technology. But the rest of the unsavvy world disagrees. :\

Also. BMW/Mercedes, why ruin your perfectly good cars with iPad?

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Also. BMW/Mercedes, why ruin your perfectly good cars with iPad?[/citation]

I am not sure why you would want anything other than a kick-ass sound system in any car. Can't watch DVDs while driving or type on any electronic device. If you have kids, then you need a minivan with a DVD player in the back, and a sound proof piece of plexiglass just behind the front seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS