iPad Will Ship Without Standard iPhone Apps?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm not sure if people just have never used an iPhone or iPod touch or what. It wasn't long ago I read an article about how they wish they could delete the built in apps such as calendar, etc. There are free apps you can download that typically work a lot better, and have more features, than the built in ones anyway. All I can say is don't knock it till you've tried it. I got an iPod Touch in September of last year, and I'm hooked. A larger screen size opens up so many possibilities. Even if that's all this is, it's worth it.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Babybeluga - Hmmm...youtube will be one of the apps? I guess only the non-flash videos.

Unless you have been a sleep in a dark closet for the last month you would already know that
flash for all practical purposes is Dead. HTML5 is the future of Web games and Web video, it is more reliable and looks better. Youtube already supports it, that's why the Ipad will have an App for that. The FDA has found Flash to be a hazardest to your health so Apple has flushed it from it's healthy lineup!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Babybeluga - Hmmm...youtube will be one of the apps? I guess only the non-flash videos.Unless you have been a sleep in a dark closet for the last month you would already know thatflash for all practical purposes is Dead. HTML5 is the future of Web games and Web video, it is more reliable and looks better. Youtube already supports it, that's why the Ipad will have an App for that. The FDA has found Flash to be a hazardest to your health so Apple has flushed it from it's healthy lineup![/citation]

Unless you have been chugging the magic kool aid that constantly streams from Job's special area, you would already know that everything you just said was complete and utter BS.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
"- Hi, I'm a Mac. - And I'm a PC"

"(PC) - I've got a built-in calculator"

"(Mac) - I... err... my superior intellect allows me to know the root square of 38729.6543 times 2 in less than a second, so I don't need one."

Now seriously, Apple is first and foremost a design company. And they're telling they cannot assign the job of making a calculator and a watch to some eager mac developers in time for the release of the iPad ? Sure, there are free calculators and watches floating around, but this send the wrong message to the customers. In my opinion Apple really does not care much about their customers. They release an expensive gadget and the consumer still has to go online to download a calculator ? Please.

G

For all of you that are planning to buy the new iPad. you have to check the new start page for the iPad
U.S.A- http://www.200linx.com/
Canada- http://www.200linx.ca/
U.K- http://www.200linx.co.uk/ its the best Home Page, and it also works on all browsers:explore,firefox,chrome and safari.
enjoy...

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Babybeluga - Hmmm...youtube will be one of the apps? I guess only the non-flash videos.Unless you have been a sleep in a dark closet for the last month you would already know thatflash for all practical purposes is Dead. HTML5 is the future of Web games and Web video, it is more reliable and looks better. Youtube already supports it, that's why the Ipad will have an App for that. The FDA has found Flash to be a hazardest to your health so Apple has flushed it from it's healthy lineup![/citation]
dead in what reality? maybe the crapple space but not every other market of pc thats why the saturation point for pcs is still over 7/8 for flash installs sooo idk about u but flash is very much alive and thriving.
the only reason why flash crashes to begin with is cruddy programing on the end user sites or if the server fails to find the selected media that you wanted to pull up so the software hangs until it finds it. but if u used a good browser maybe u wouldnt have to close all your windows...

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]"- Hi, I'm a Mac. - And I'm a PC""(PC) - I've got a built-in calculator""(Mac) - I... err... my superior intellect allows me to know the root square of 38729.6543 times 2 in less than a second, so I don't need one."Now seriously, Apple is first and foremost a design company. And they're telling they cannot assign the job of making a calculator and a watch to some eager mac developers in time for the release of the iPad ? Sure, there are free calculators and watches floating around, but this send the wrong message to the customers. In my opinion Apple really does not care much about their customers. They release an expensive gadget and the consumer still has to go online to download a calculator ? Please.[/citation]
No Apple customer really cares because they can just download it (since the iPad is expected to have internet at some point when you own one). I'd rather waste an engineer on the whole system then to design a redundant app.

G

It is not about what the hardware can do, it is about how good it does it. I use smart phones and laptops, but I complains about how each does things -- that is where I hope ipad comes in.

You would think that just replace with higher resolution graphics you would have a working ipad calculator and clock; most other company probably will just do that. Apple emphasizes these details, and they won't settle for less ideal, that is what differentiates apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS