iPad Will Ship Without Standard iPhone Apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlux

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
So this thing is supposed to be a bridge between cell phones and laptops and it doesn't even have a calculator? I'm really failing to see what good this product is.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
this thing doesn't do anything impressive or anything that can't be done with an iphone or similar device, yet apple is going to sell millions of these to fanbois who are going to line up for days in front of apple stores just to get one. Then as soon as the second generation version which has no new features except for some new useless app, the process repeats...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Uh. Expose? This seems like a no brainer. Swipe to the top right or left corner and you see those apps hover over a dimmed background.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I'm not trying to be rude, but honestly, i really dislike apple fanboys. Anyone agree here? They look stupid trying to buy rip off products from apple and still defending how good those products are, while criticising other products without any firm reason.

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
There are hundreds of free calculators and voice memo apps in the AppStore. I use a free Weather Channel app - much better than the built-in Apple weather app. I don't know about stock apps, but I think there should be a bunch of free apps for that.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
To be honest, I wish Windows based OEM's would follow suit and quit loading up all their in house "solutions" - i.e. crapware that slows down pcs.

I think each one of us has had to decrapify, cclean, and or do a fresh install of every OEM machine for family members.

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
"If you want to have the clock and calculator, simply use your iPhone (sold separately)." It would seem you only get half the package either way you go. :p

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I'm starting to think this is some kind of social experiment where Jobs tries to make the crappiest product possible and see who he can still trick into buying it... Or maybe it is just a "test of faith" for his followers.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]abowlofsoda[/nom]Hahaha one more reason for everyone to put yet ANOTHER hate message down. I'm still getting oneAre you mad?[/citation]
You keep repeating yourself.

Are you a moron?

Status
Not open for further replies.