iPhone 15 getting USB-C sounds like a win, but Apple could ruin it all

Aug 14, 2023
I wonder what this will do to Apple Carplay? My phone has to be connected directly to the USB in my car. Are car manufacturers going to have to now install USB-C in cars, or will they drop Apple Car Play? I am using iPhone 13 Pro Max, so it looks like I will be sticking with that for a while, and if I really need to uprade, it will be to a 14 Pro Max. I will stay clear from the 15. I need my CarPlay.

Tom Pritchard

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
I wonder what this will do to Apple Carplay? My phone has to be connected directly to the USB in my car. Are car manufacturers going to have to now install USB-C in cars, or will they drop Apple Car Play? I am using iPhone 13 Pro Max, so it looks like I will be sticking with that for a while, and if I really need to uprade, it will be to a 14 Pro Max. I will stay clear from the 15. I need my CarPlay.
Apple is almost guaranteed to have a USB-C to USB-A cable you can buy. If not third parties will be filling in the void, so car connectivity shouldn't be an issue. — even if any random USB-C cable you have lying around doesn't work