iPhone 2.1 Software Update Delivers on Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Didn't work too well for me, It messed up my Alarm, making me late for an important meeting and messed up my SIM Card making me take it out and put it back in before my phone would work again.

Audiose

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Worked fine - I had some dropped voice calls prior to this update - 5 by my count since July. Apps crashed (abrupt return to the home screen while using an app) and SMS Text service lagged - the keyboard wouldn't respond at the speed I was typing at. The software update allows data service to be more functional, calls are fine without dropping, bluetooth headset doesn't disconnect anymore, and apps are crash-free.

This doesn't fix everything, but it is a step in the right direction. My battery life has NOT improved.

G

When will they have the keypad shut off while I am on my phone? I have lost more calls because the keypad is to sensitive and my check either shuts off the mic orputs the call on speaker. I think the phone keypad should shut off while elivated to the ear. Other wisw the phone is just a phone, I don't feel like I got a great deal by going to this phone. I don't care for text message, and don't need to be so accessable to e-mails. Really like my music with me.

Audiose

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
FYI, if you are on a call, hit the power button at the top - it locks the phone. This prevents the call from being accidentally disconnected.

Audiose

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Apparently this only works if you're using a headset. I apologize if the previous statement has caused numerous calls to disconnect. Please use a headset before hitting the power button while on a call. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.