iPhone 3G S Pre-Orders All Sold Out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Oh wow! I didn't realize I could walk into an AT&T store and come home with all that functionality![/citation]
Thats funny, now your putting words in my mouth. I never once said you could walk out of the store with anything. You said these features were not available on the 3G, I merely pointed out that you are wrong. All those features you say are not there are offered by a 3rd party.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]E7130[/nom]Well, 3GS has: a compass, video camera/editing, voice control, and improved performance, better battery life.Those features will not be added to the 3G version.[/citation]
No, but I bet hes under contract and would have to pay uber dollars to by the new phone outright. When the 4G comes out, I'll be ready to upgrade as well.

st430

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
a compass(useless)
video camera/editing, (that's what I pay for a HD camcorder so that moving kids won't look like a patch of color)
voice control,(a 99cents apps will fix that. why pay $499?
improved performance,(doesn't app start right the way already?)
better battery life (only in EDGE mode...when in 3G or WIFI...it still the same... I have to charge my iphone everyday while I can do the same every 5-6 days in my blackberry...go figure..
I think the energy saving is only in the CPU...the chip set still sucks the battery dry.)
so for a iphone 3g user...really it does not worth $499 to get a 3GS.
may be for the old iphone user and newbies...
anyway..if they only alow 3.0 o/s to be on 3gs...then that would really make everyone go for 3gs...since there is so much more in that o/s

Status
Not open for further replies.