iPhone 4 Hacked and Jailbroken (But Not Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
This was expected.
When calling AT&T and asking to unlock iPhone they point you to Apple customer service. Apple on the other hand does not unlock anything and suggest you try jailbreak. I was very surprised to hear something like that from Apple support.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I hate ferkin spam, reported.

Anyway, they don't cared if you jailbreak their phone, you jailbreak it, you lost your warranty.

I don't blame Apple for this tho, its just like buying a car, brand new, you mod the hell out of it, drive it around the corner and BOOM!, the engine blew, guess what? no warranty from the car manufacture cuz its your fault.

edited for effect ... lol

nsmetana

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Isn't jailbreaking the same as rooting on android? Gaining full (or most) access to the OS?[/citation]

Essentially, yes.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
i dont think i'll even bother to jailbreak with this new iphone. they've updated it with basically every feature i could possibly want from a phone, so why jailbreak it and make the damn thing slower? my 3g was dog slow..

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Tethering is about the only thing I care about. I would jb before paying "extra" for data that I am "already" paying for. Isn't that like double taxation.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... and what a nice timing... till it gets to Latvia, the jailbrake and unlock possibly may be ready... but that's september...

icaruslsu

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
@chickenhoagie - I agree jailbreaking on my 3G is a pain in the neck can't use 99% of the jailbroken apps that stay resident because it regularly crashes my phone... however I would love to see how some of them run with the new hardware in the iphone 4 :-D

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]I hate ferkin spam, reported. Anyway, they don't cared if you jailbreak their phone, you jailbreak it, you lost your warranty. I don't blame Apple for this tho, its just like buying a car, brand new, you mod the hell out of it, drive it around the corner and BOOM!, the engine blew, guess what? no warranty from the car manufacture cuz its your fault.edited for effect ... lol[/citation]

nah, it would be like if you bought a Subaru and lost your warranty for driving it in the mountains.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]nah, it would be like if you bought a Subaru and lost your warranty for driving it in the mountains.[/citation]
Yeah, a Subaru with a LS7 engine. Lets see if the warranty covers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.