iPhone 4 - It's Official Now [UPDATING]

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lo_vaquero

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Very shiny. Very pretty.

I'd like to get one. But won't.

First, it's tied to AT&T, future-jailbreaking aside...

Second, it is made by Apple and I just cannot bring myself to support them...just yet...

Third, I'm saving for a 'Vette and this would simply delay that future self-gratification...=)

Priorities, people, priorities

G

WOW. Surprise, Apple is being bashed by Tom's readers. Good job on a well-done product Apple.

G

"Bahahahaha Obviously Jobs has never seen a ZuneHD screen."

Nobody has seen a ZuneHD screen.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It's funny that everyone wants to compare the EVO to the iPhone 4. They are for different people. Depending on what you want to do with your phone they have their place. I personally like to have a smaller device. The EVO is pretty big. Not very easy to slip into a pocket. Otherwise the EVO and iPhone hardware are practically identical. Yes, Evo has 8 megapixel, but have you seen the pictures it takes, not that impressive. Higher megapixel != better quality. Not that I expect the new iPhone camera to be great either. For me iPhone has better features. CDMA for some reason has horrible battery life. Two people I know have the Evo and barely lasts 1 day. My current Tilt 2 can go for at least 2-3 days without charging. But, the main things for me is battery, screen and speed. Evo is super faster everything is practically instant, but I don't trust Google anymore then I trust Apple. Everybody has products that fit their lifestyle and if Android fits then awesome! I am also a Software Engineer and can definitely say Apple has created a much better Platform then anyone else. Not saying a better OS, but a better Platform. From a development standpoint Apple sets the bar. If you think Apple pulls apps for no apparent reason then you obvisouly haven't done your reasearch. Those developers are using third party dev enviroments and should follow the rules. If you don't like Apple's rules then develop for Android not a big deal. There are around 100 million devices that you can target as company with the App Store. Android can't claim that.

Status
Not open for further replies.