iphone 4s deleted messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

minesatetleys

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I have synced my iphone with my pc
but erased my old messages, I need to get some back, is there a free way of doing it, I payed for a program but there wasn't enough info on it

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
As long as the deleted text hasn't been overwritten by other data you can use 'Undelete SMS' on a jailbroken iPhone. It's not a free program but you should be able to copy/pasta onto your notepad.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Or you could contact your carrier and request they resend your previous messages.

They have to keep copies for legal reasons. Say the police thought the phone was being used to traffic drugs - they'd get a warrant and the phone company would give them copies of the messages.

Anyway - they should be able to send them to you again if you request it. A lot of carriers do this, but charge a small fee.

BloodHK47

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Whenever you backed your iPhone up with iTunes on your computer or iCloud, whatever text messages you had at the time in Messages will be saved in the backup. You can restore from that backup time and get those back. Anything after the backup, won't be saved.

Phone carriers do not save text message information, just the time they are sent / received and numbers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.