iPhone 4S Preorders Exceed One Million in 24 Hours

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Garbage phone. Dual core? not needed. Siri? NO ONE is gonna use that crap. Better Camera? I guess thats the best and only thing to come out of this shitteh. Manufacturers should start focusing on developing batteries that could last more than 10 hours with heavy use instead of this useless crap that is irrelevant to most people or not used at all[/citation]

Ahhh you poor poor soul crying out in envious anguish. You plight is F'n LOL funny. Apple will bury you!

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]These articles are awesome - Android fanboy noggings continue to explode at the thought of Apple success. I can't even figure out why they care so much, but whatever. Keep em coming as it is quite amusing to read their comments.[/citation]

The droidhead plight is f'n LOL funny. Sucks to be them!

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
The more I hear about Siri the more I see it as the birth of AI for the consumer market. After seeing Watson on Jeopardy, to have something similar and interact with it will be indeed revolutionary.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Here is some Siri banter for the amusement of droidheads:

Big predictions about the importance of Siri are already coming. Cross Research analyst Shannon Cross believes Siri is a pivotal technology. "We believe," Cross wrote in a recent note to clients, "the use of natural language and potentially the ability to distinguish between voices could one day change the way we interact with electronic devices and provide a substantial technology advantage to Apple. Quite simply, we have not seen a demonstration of comparable AI in any other consumer system."

Winarsky is perhaps even more bullish. "Apple will enable millions upon millions of people to interact with machines with natural language," he told 9to5 Mac. "[Siri] will get things done and this is only the tip of the iceberg. We're talking another technology revolution—a new computing paradigm shift."
-------------------------

I suspect droidhead heads are soon going to rupture!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]This is just crazy to me. The phone is marginally better than its predecessor, the only explanation I can muster is that Steve Jobs' death has placed a ton of additional attention on the device. Kind of like Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight I guess.[/citation]
Except the Dark Knight was a good film anyway, not a crappy rehash of the previous film being carried by public grief of a dead actor. Plenty of films have been great even though a main actor died (Harry Potter, Richard Harris / Gladiator, Oliver Reed).

1 million pre-orders, amazing, I didn't realise they stacked crap that high...

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I don't know why it's shocking to anyone that the phone which contains the fastest CPU / GPU of ANY PHONE in the market, full stop, which has one of the best cameras, best battery life, highest customer satisfaction ratings of any phone manufacturer, slim and small form factor, access to the biggest mobile app library in the world, integrated cloud platform and Siri (gimmick or not), for the same price on contract as the 2nd best alternative (Galaxy S2) - sells a lot.

Certainly doubt that it's anything to do with Steve and people who claim that are ridiculous.

At least this shows that despite the crying fandroids on here the rest of the world still has common sense. It's so ironic that the obsessive minority of droid fans / apple haters regard the rest of the world as blinded, when it is themselves who have the issues.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I don't know why it's shocking to anyone that the phone which contains the fastest CPU / GPU of ANY PHONE in the market, full stop, which has one of the best cameras, best battery life, highest customer satisfaction ratings of any phone manufacturer, slim and small form factor, access to the biggest mobile app library in the world, integrated cloud platform and Siri (gimmick or not), for the same price on contract as the 2nd best alternative (Galaxy S2) - sells a lot.Certainly doubt that it's anything to do with Steve and people who claim that are ridiculous.At least this shows that despite the crying fandroids on here the rest of the world still has common sense. It's so ironic that the obsessive minority of droid fans / apple haters regard the rest of the world as blinded, when it is themselves who have the issues.[/citation]
Fastest CPU - Not
One of the best cameras - behind about 100 others
Customer satisfaction - brainwashed idiots
Biggest app library - just how many fart apps do you need?
Slim and small - not the slimmest, small means a smaller screen so not always an advantage
Integrated cloud platform - Cloud storage has been on other phones for a while now, and they don't charge
Siri - yes it is a gimmick, and voice control has been on other phones for a while
No real innovation, this is the "Vista" of iPhones, maybe the iPhone 5 will do something, but the 4S is just sad.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Fastest CPU - NotOne of the best cameras - behind about 100 othersCustomer satisfaction - brainwashed idiotsBiggest app library - just how many fart apps do you need?Slim and small - not the slimmest, small means a smaller screen so not always an advantageIntegrated cloud platform - Cloud storage has been on other phones for a while now, and they don't chargeSiri - yes it is a gimmick, and voice control has been on other phones for a while...No real innovation, this is the "Vista" of iPhones, maybe the iPhone 5 will do something, but the 4S is just sad.[/citation]

The iPhone 4S DOES have the fastest CPU / GPU combination of any phone. Fact. You said 'Fastest CPU' - inability to read?

One of the best cameras - the lens quality of the camera is arguably unmatched by the vast majority of phones, hence making it one of the best.

Customer Satisfaction - you call them brainwashed idiots. I call you a brainwashed idiot. Is it brainwashed idiots who are reporting problems with Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S2 awful battery life problems and freezing? LOL.

Slim & Small - Did I say the slimmest? Try no. Is it small? Try yes. Is small a good thing to some people? Try yes. Some people are quite happy to have a smaller screen for not having to carry round a brick. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is bigger physically and some don't like that.

Cloud Storage - is not seamlessly integrated into ANY phone, apart from the iPhone 4S period.

Siri - arguably a gimmick but its functionality has not been equalled in any previous implementation.

No real innovation? Sorry but how is the Samsung Galaxy S2 or any other Android phone innovative in any way? Answer: They aren't.

Bottom line - you're an insecure geek who hates Apple because you probably see much more popular people than yourself who are not so pathetic to just disregard a phone based on it being Apple.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]The iPhone 4S DOES have the fastest CPU / GPU combination of any phone. Fact. You said 'Fastest CPU' - inability to read?One of the best cameras - the lens quality of the camera is arguably unmatched by the vast majority of phones, hence making it one of the best.Customer Satisfaction - you call them brainwashed idiots. I call you a brainwashed idiot. Is it brainwashed idiots who are reporting problems with Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S2 awful battery life problems and freezing? LOL.Slim & Small - Did I say the slimmest? Try no. Is it small? Try yes. Is small a good thing to some people? Try yes. Some people are quite happy to have a smaller screen for not having to carry round a brick. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is bigger physically and some don't like that.Cloud Storage - is not seamlessly integrated into ANY phone, apart from the iPhone 4S period.Siri - arguably a gimmick but its functionality has not been equalled in any previous implementation.No real innovation? Sorry but how is the Samsung Galaxy S2 or any other Android phone innovative in any way? Answer: They aren't.Bottom line - you're an insecure geek who hates Apple because you probably see much more popular people than yourself who are not so pathetic to just disregard a phone based on it being Apple.[/citation]
So not the best in any of the categories listed, that's about right yes?
But right up there amongst the best, not THE best, but amongst the top.
Gotcha, just checking.
By the way, you assume I am an Android fan, wrong there too - the fact that you think I am an Android fan and point as the SGS2 leads me to believe that you are the insecure geek.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
4S CPU rated 800mhz

LG Optimus rated at 1ghz

SGS2 rated at 1.2ghz

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2011/10/05/iphone-4s-lags-behind-samsung-galaxy-s2-outdated-truth/

Truth hurts

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Apple sells 80+ million of iphones annually.
It makes about 250k per day.

So 4s release quadrupled that number on the first day.
If you think about it, it's probably good, but hardly 'amazing".

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]When the iPhone5 comes out in a few months all these idiots are locked in for 2 years with the 4s.[/citation]

Will the 4S magically stop working at that time? NO... Will Apple stop supporting it? NO....

So I don't see what your issue is. Electronics always get upgraded.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Is small a good thing to some people? Try yes. Some people are quite happy to have a smaller screen for not having to carry round a brick. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is bigger physically and some don't like that..[/citation]

Put me in the list of people that find these 4" phones to be comically large. I remember a time when phones where getting ridiculously small, and now they are headed in the other direction...if the phone is bigger than a BB Bold then it's too big for my needs. Have you seen the cases for some of these phones???? Talk about hilarious - they're freaking platforms...lol...

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Why the heck are ya`ll thumbing down the guy above me named "watcha" ? Hes right nothing fits perfect at first or at least for me.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]skyhide[/nom]Why the heck are ya`ll thumbing down the guy above me named "watcha" ? Hes right nothing fits perfect at first or at least for me.[/citation]

Apple haters thumb down everyone who doesn't agree with them - regardless of the validity of their points.

Status
Not open for further replies.