Iphone 4s questions

abanziger

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hi I have a few questions regarding the new Iphone.

I have 2 sim cards, one is from a swiss phone (where I currently live) and supported by my iphone, since its the one I am using now. I also have a second sim card I use when I travel to spain, from vodafone. Before, when I wanted to travel to spain I couldnt just shove the spanish sim card in my phone because it would be locked exclusively to the swiss carrier ( so i would have to use another phone). What I would like to know is if with this new "world phone" feature I can put my spanish or my swiss sim card in there and will they both work?, without having to unlock my phone or doing anything else than changing the sim card ?

Is the Siri feature Iphone 4s exclusive ? I've been hearing this in many reviews and I must say I am confused. I thought this was a type of voice recognition software, and that therefore wouldnt need specific hardware that the 4s has but the iphone 4 doesnt. Can I still use siri with the Iphone 4, ? If not why ?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
1)
This I am not sure. The iPhone 4S supports over 100 carriers worldwide so it depends on which carrier you are using. It does support GSM and CDMA if that helps.

2)
Yes, the Siri application is iPhone 4S exclusive. Siri used to be an application for all iPod Touch's and iPhones, but Apple bought Siri and disabled it for everything else except for the 4S I believe. Now it is part of apple. You cannot use it for iPhone 4, because there is no application for Siri...it is part of the iOS. Moreover, it requires substantial processing power in order to work, and iPhone 4 simply isn't capable of doing so most likely even it were available.

smarter phone

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Siri was an app in Apple store, but it was gone after iphone 4s's release. You can say that it's exclusive for iphone 4s.

I have another question: can iphone 4s use iphone 4 accessories like cases and stuff? Because they have almost the same appearance.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Yes and No. From what I hear, the Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4S (And 4), are the same enclosure, but the button placement might be a tiny bit different, so the cases might need to be only slightly different. Other than that I think 99% of accessories will be the same.