iPhone 4S Sells Out at U.S. Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
i just hope these people didn't have an iPhone 4, they will be disappointed unless siri is absolutely mind blowing and not just a 5 minute gimmick

marthisdil

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]i just hope these people didn't have an iPhone 4, they will be disappointed unless siri is absolutely mind blowing and not just a 5 minute gimmick[/citation]Siri is a gimmick. My Android phone has better voice commands with better recognition.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
If the iPhone is just a fashion item, why are so many zealots lining up to buy a phone that looks exactly like the old one?! Oh right, it's about the 'S' on the back, and the ability to look like a tool whilst flirting with your phone

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
People, we need to realize that, this might be the first time in the history of computing that we have more than enough computing power for 99% of the society out there already.
There are no difference between that single core/dual core or coming up quad core for most of the people out there.
They don't care or need those computing power.

Look of the product has become the #1 decision maker in buying any technology gadget now.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Usually the iPhone hate here on Toms is out of control. But this is a prime example of people acting like sheep upgrading to a "new" phone that's almost the same as the iPhone 4.

What a waste of money.

G

siri is not a gimmick. it is by far the most advanced voice command technology yet and light years beyond any other voice command. i have been using it all day and am confident that i will continue using siri every day until i don't have it.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]People, we need to realize that, this might be the first time in the history of computing that we have more than enough computing power for 99% of the society out there already.There are no difference between that single core/dual core or coming up quad core for most of the people out there.They don't care or need those computing power.Look of the product has become the #1 decision maker in buying any technology gadget now.[/citation]

99% of the population might not want to play crysis on their phones, but I sure as hell would like to..and putting in more computing power brings it that much closer. its still far far away, but still moving.

I could be wrong, but i don't think apple is doing anything different with their new iphone than companies making droids are doing to their phones..upgrading the hardware? what else is new. So why do we have to complain about "sheeple" and apple lovers going out and getting "brainwashed" into buying the iphone? 90% of the people on Tom's would bust a load if a droid came out with upgraded hardware like a faster processor. I'm not saying I'm an apple fanboy, but I gotta be fair with everyone else.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]90% of the people on Tom's would bust a load if a droid came out with upgraded hardware like a faster processor.[/citation]When Android fans "bust a load" over a new exciting product, it's something like a Galaxy S II or Nexus Prime that has some pretty substantial improvements over their predecessors.

Personally, I think WP7 Mango is a much better user experience then iOS5 (My wife and I have both an HTC 7 Pro WP7 phone and an iPod Touch gen4 + she HAD an iPhone 3GS). The only reason I keep my iPod is because the app store is amazing and there are games (and Pandora) on it that WP7 doesn't have yet. Save for a pretty sparse app marketplace, the WP7 phones are awesome.

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]When Android fans "bust a load" over a new exciting product, it's something like a Galaxy S II or Nexus Prime that has some pretty substantial improvements over their predecessors.Personally, I think WP7 Mango is a much better user experience then iOS5 (My wife and I have both an HTC 7 Pro WP7 phone and an iPod Touch gen4 + she HAD an iPhone 3GS). The only reason I keep my iPod is because the app store is amazing and there are games (and Pandora) on it that WP7 doesn't have yet. Save for a pretty sparse app marketplace, the WP7 phones are awesome.[/citation]

There is a reason why there are so many different phone with different OS on the market these days because it gives customer more choice, we don`t have to stick to one or another platform or phone brand for ages and did not even realize there is something better out there..all we have to do is discover it!

G

Why does everybody think that all the customers are upgrader from IP4? I am quite sure that most of them are buying their first IPhone.
All those people who were waiting for the new generation are buying now.

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I have to add another thing here and sorry for spamming and making a big deal out of this but I myself have heard alot, alot, alot, alot, alot and yet alot of people talking about iPhone is the best phone with a world best OS which is iOS I do not have an idea why...all I can say is that they see iPhone just like gucci or another expensive clothing line or something like a diamond. Not everyone does review, pay attention to new coming technology...My point is that they just heard from each others its like a poll or something for example: They are gonna ask someone about the technology they are gonna get, lets say they are willing to ask only 10 people if it turns out that one one disagree they will be getting that technology 100% cause everyone said its good at least most of them did but what they really miss is a complete review or customer review....even should pay attention to world technology...im out now.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
It never fails, Toms hardware fans hate on the simplest apple news. If you don't care, don't read it and then post stupid comments.

I would love to get one but Softbank is making it difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS