iPhone 6 vs. Galaxy S6: Why Samsung Beats Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil_Tracy

I never thought I would see the day where TouchWiz gets a check mark. I suppose Samsung got a bit of a wake-up call.

Triffid

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
Not impressed with the iPhone? Me Neither! - I have an HTC and if I had to choose an alternative I would go for the Samsung every time.

K3tch

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
To Stardust Dragon:

At least you justified why you feel this way with a well said, well thought out and, most of all, well substantiated with enlightened reasoning.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
To Stardust Dragon:

At least you justified why you feel this way with a well said, well thought out and, most of all, well substantiated with a well thought out, enlightened reasoning.
So impressed with his well thought out comment you mentioned it was well thought out twice. I better go back and read this well thought out comment again since it was so well thought out.

greg522

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
What about all the "Garbage" software the S6 is loaded with. Many other reviewers (WSJ included) mentioned this as a down side. iOS is way better than Samsung OS. Also, you may personal preferences but this should not influence an unbiased review - "but I prefer the overall look and feel of Samsung's phone"

Homer7

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
And yet... Samsung are struggling and Apple is still the most valuable company in the world. This article completely ignores many aspects of owning a smartphone such as how well two phones of the same type work together. Apple are way ahead on that one.

coldspring22

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
Correction on the review, iphone doesn't have 2MP selfie camera. It has only 1.2MP and that's why selfie photo looks fuzzy.

taki2

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Forgot to mention that Note 4 beats them all for functionality, battery, extendibility, usability...

taki2

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Balanced article (this is way above WSJ tech articles). Suggestions:
1) If Audio is compared with supplied headphones (normal way of listening music), the results might be different.
2) With fast memory & 4K video S6 should be superior in Video capture.
3) Connectivity with USB2 (compatible with future standard USB3.1 & easier to charge anywhere), NFC, Direct WiFi, etc - is big advantage for Samsung.
4) Media playing from any format (without conversion) is also important convenience.
5) Overall lacking many functions in iPhone cannot be compared to 'imperfect' additional functions in S6.

So, iPhone is 'prestige' niche device & Galaxy is more universal mobile device compatible with many more devices in the more universal Android ecosystem. (too many mores on the right side?)

yotoprules

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
i disagree about the apps, i think the android apps are much better. i also think ios has a bad user interface, it is ugly and way to bright.

but still, android rules by far.

yotoprules

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
And yet... Samsung are struggling and Apple is still the most valuable company in the world. This article completely ignores many aspects of owning a smartphone such as how well two phones of the same type work together. Apple are way ahead on that one.
i thought google and microsoft was the most valuble company, apple is a bad company in my opinion

K3tch

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
No, what is being said is you fail due to no reasoning, other then just being a fanboy.

Apple is for most consumers who have marginal, at best, tech knowledge.

Android is better for those who are more avant gardé. They tend to push the envelope and take risks. Apple people need to be directed. As Steve Jobs said, "people don’t know what they want until you show it to them".

I own both. The versatility and customization of the Android is what makes it better.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014

Design by its very nature is subjected, thus the prefer-ence for the S6 design. Also, Samsung has really cut down on the garbage in TouchWiz. Promise!

gggplaya

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I've been using softcard for over a year now, and just about any retailer or vending machine that accepts apple pay, usually accepted softcard first. Google bought softcard and integrated it into google wallet so no i'm using google wallet. Apple pay is new, androids with NFC using google wallet have far more pay points than apple. I wouldn't even try to mention samsungs own pay app. Just talk about google wallet.

DaBruinz

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
I dunno why people are havihg a fit over the article. There were 10 criteria and the S6 was better in the criteria (albeit narrow on some, but there has to be a winner) that both devices were pitted against.

Apple iPhone 6 is indeed a nice phone, but this S6 is a beast both spec wise and Samsung finally pared down on TW. Something they should have done since the S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.