iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Review: Record-Breaking Speed, Samsung-Beating Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4f786

Honorable
Sep 19, 2017
in regards to the benchmarks, people fail to mention that these are run on different platforms (ios/android/windows) so a direct comparison cannot truly be made.

M

M.Spoonauer

Actually, that's not true. I spoke directly with the head of Geekbench, and he said that comparisons across platforms can be made. However, Geekbench measures burst speed as opposed to sustained speed over a long period of time.

In terms of the video editing test, we purposely chose a cross-platform app in Adobe Premiere Clip and used a video shot with a third-party device.

carl_diaz

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Gee for $800 you can have a phone that is one onemillionth faster than it's previous model, spend $50 to $90 dollars for a charger, get some cosmetics changes in the case.
Now I ask you, who wouldn't spend almost a grand for ALL that stuff especially with the "X" coming out on it's heels in a month or so .... I have a 7 plus, I think I'll wait to next year until all the bugs are worked out .. Thanks Apple but no thanks ...

Sep 20, 2017
Design as an argument?
I think it strange a strange statement. Would a car magazine that tests the new Porsche 911 with double the power, a smaller fuel tank but with the same range and the complaining that the design hasn't change really

Status
Not open for further replies.