iPhone 8 Will Top Galaxy Note 8 with This

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrell12

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
No joke, I know of no one who actually uses this feature to unlock their phone. So saying it will smoke android phones primarily because of it is a bit on the ridiculous side.

Dave Haynie

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2015
Front-facing 3D camera... really? Otherwise, it's just software, and thus, if they actually are doing something unique, it'll be possible on any other device.

Kevin_244

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017
Honestly this sounds like an apple fanboy article. Saying that the iPhone will smoke Android phones with a feature that not only works on Android.. even if its not as good.. but can be implemented via apps possibly surpassing what the Apple version will do, is ridiculous. More so, of everyone I know that has this capability already available, nobody uses it. The fingerprint scan is more commonly used as I dont have to put my phone up to my face to unlock it. It is fast, works almost every time.. and though I dont condone using your phone while driving.. using your finger with phone off to the side or in lap is much safer and faster than having to put your phone up to your face, while driving or doing anything that makes doing that movement inconvenient. To me, facial recognition to unlock a phone is far less likely to catch on when you have finger print scanners as well.

Sep 6, 2017
Your definetly right about iphone 8 will smoke all Android Phones, but i wouldnt agree on the feature that you picked! Im sure its going to have much better features, the facescan is only a part of that bundle. Yes, samsung failed to do facescan correctly, generally all android phones failed at it. Apple has a chance to get it right, if it does it can be particularly amazing for things such as driving, where i dont even have to touch my phone and siri will auto unlock it from the stand because it can see you all the time.

The one main reason samsung failed in facescan is because of the limited viewing angle to scan your face, rumours suggest that the apples new device has much better angles and can unlock while straight faced on a desk.

I for one am most looking forward to the new sharp screens and the wireless charging, really hoping apple can bring new revolution to wireless charging and we are not bound to keep our phones on top of the pad while it charges like android devices, i really want distant charging :D

Status
Not open for further replies.