iPhone Alarm Glitch Sees Users Oversleep AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Let the Apple hate commence :)

Some poor programmer is going to be hanged, drawn and quartered for this by Steve Jobs himself... There is an App for that, too. :)

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
All the sudden I am reminded why my $6 alarm clock (and its lack of 3am text messages from my drunk siblings) was such a good idea.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Two items: first up "There's a nap for that"

And "if it didnt work the first two times why did you think it would work on try 3?"

I blame the over-inflated apple-heads who didnt just use a traditional alarm clock after witnessing the problem repeat itself the first time.

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
no problems if you use phone as phone, clock as clock... but when someone put's on market phone with clock, alarms etc. they better make sure it works. Apple -> fails (again)

sidestep

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I have to say, My EVO, on Saturday 1/1 morning thought that it was actually Sunday (1/2) and an hour ahead.. it corrected itself by mid-day. Somewhat interesting thought is that I normally have an alarm set for Sunday mornings (only day I have one set) and it didn't go off, even thought the phone thought it was Sunday.

So at least my android had time issues..

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The sad thing is, there were probably numerous alarm apps that were rejected because they duplicated the functionality of the iPhone itself. What's even more absurd is Apple's response. It wasn't "Sorry we messed up, but we couldn't get a patch out before it rectifies itself on Jan 3rd anyway". It was just "you're holding it wrong" 2.0 (or 2.1 if you count the DST issues). I don't know why Apple users put up with this. Yes, all products have problems, but Apple reminds you daily that they're perfect and things "just work". When they don't, you really should throw a fit (I would myself, but I'm not a customer of theirs).

[citation][nom]sidestep[/nom]I have to say, My EVO, on Saturday 1/1 morning thought that it was actually Sunday (1/2) and an hour ahead.. it corrected itself by mid-day. Somewhat interesting thought is that I normally have an alarm set for Sunday mornings (only day I have one set) and it didn't go off, even thought the phone thought it was Sunday. So at least my android had time issues..[/citation]
This could have been Sprint's fault (your phone should be getting date/time off the network), but I'm guessing we would have heard if thousands/millions of Evo owners had all lost a day.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
This is why I don't use my PHONE as an alarm clock folks. Sure my BlackBerry can do it, and I've had to use it a couple times in the past (I use it as a backup alarm in hotel rooms for example).

But quite honestly, my dresser based alarm clock has never failed me. And it has a battery backup in case the power goes out. AND, it doesn't fail at year change or due to day light savings causing my phone to brick.

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Confirmed to be causing issues for me. I often use my iPod Touch (second gen, OS 4.1) as my secondary alarm after my cell phone. It chose not to ring this morning. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.