iPhone Fingerprint Reader May Already Be Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Distinguished
The MythBusters were a few years ahead on the fingerprint security busting scene. I'm betting the scan-cleanup-print process CCC used was lifted straight from the show.

Krisk7

Honorable
May 26, 2013
The last method takes some courage in public places. Technology giants like Apple are leading us in strange directions these days.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
This German hack has already been defunct. Good try though since it will always require the iPhone's owners fingerprint to unlock and if one steals an iPhone 5S it is unlikely the owner will offer their print to be molded and used to unlock phone...lol.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I knew that the finger scanner was just a joke. But the A7 seems descent, I just can't find any benchmarks. I was impressed with 3g family build, but not the 4 family... Im not sure about this build quality either, ifixit said they were not sure about its build quality.

hector2

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
What's the whole point of all this ? The bottom line is that the fingerprint lock method should work just fine 99.9% of the time. Anyone doing a quick grab and run with someone's iPhone will get only a short time use of it and will be unable to re-sell it

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
no matter what you tell apple sheep, they'll still buy it. it will become a nuisance after 2 hours of using it, and they'll go back to the normal locking screen.

Jose P

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
ya..ok. this is exactly like passcode, either one can be cracked. the dumbest thing ever. who is gonna take the time to get a billion supplies and open my phone. sure. maybe if i lost it. but if im right next to the person thats trying to unlock my phone. i dont think the persons gonna try to use a ton of supplies to get into my phone. oh. wait till the s5 gets the fingerprint sensor. its the exact same thing in everyphone. not every phone is perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.