iPhone is Now the Favorite Toy for Toddlers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
iPhone is for toddlers and those with the mental capacity of one.

Probably already been said but it needs to be said again.

mosfet74

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I gave my little one my old iPhone 3G to play with. He loves it! I turned my back the other day and he had docked it in a block of Velveeta cheese. It was cute watching him trying to lick the cheese out of the data port.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]mosfet74[/nom]I gave my little one my old iPhone 3G to play with. He loves it! I turned my back the other day and he had docked it in a block of Velveeta cheese. It was cute watching him trying to lick the cheese out of the data port.[/citation]

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
The new phones are great but my next camping(backpacking) trip the most complicated electronic device I will use is a flashlight, (the smartphone will be off and packed in a ziplock)

G

All kidding aside, my 9month old grabbed my original iPhone and covered it in drool within a couple seconds....ear piece no longer works. So buying a kid an iphone vs. a wooden spoon which he will do the exact same thing to, spoon is the winner.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
If you give your child who is under 4 an Iphone you're in idiot. Their eyes are still developing and will risk damage. It's a proven fact. Why can't children do normal things? like.. I dunno... GO OUTSIDE

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I gave my little one my old iPhone 3G to play with. He loves it! I turned my back the other day and he had docked it in a block of Velveeta cheese. It was cute watching him trying to lick the cheese out of the data port.

He must not be an American baby. Otherwise he would have just eaten the block of cheese.

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Why can't children do normal things? like.. I dunno... GO OUTSIDE

Yes and eat a little dirt and a bug or two. from the "Baby Boomer" generation to the "Bubble Boy" generation

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]"iPhones are for babies."Why YES...YES they are!!! lmfao[/citation]
Yeah well that concept video that Mozilla released made the iPhone look like something you'd buy at Toys 'R' Us. So, close enough. LOL

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Both my girls (4 & 7) have iPhones (our old 3G's when we upgraded to 4's). They both love them and can't even be bothered to pick up the PSP or DS we bought for them to try out.

I don't see the problem with letting kids use iPhones or other devices like this. The problem is if you let them spend too much time on them. They are a great distraction for them if we're going somewhere in the car or dining out in public.

There are a lot of well-designed apps out there for kids which actually accomplish something useful (like reading, writing and math) instead of wasting time shooting things. Of course, games are fun too, but my kids don't get game time unless they do something educational first.

normano

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
any parent who actually has the stupidity to buy their kids one of these should imediately hand themselves into Social/Walfare Services and ask to be locked away until they can show a level of responsibility at least 10% above that of a log.

They really need to bring in compulsary birth control for these numpties - castration for the father and removal of the womb for the mother

G

When used in moderation, and not as a babysitter, iPhones, iPods, iPads, etc. can be another educational tool! If you guys are ever on the lookout for the best kids apps, make sure to visit LunchboxReviews.Com. We collect, categorize and rate kids apps specifically for toddlers, preschoolers and young children. LunchboxReviews.Com

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Giving a 2 year old an iPhone- what a great idea!

Between accidental 911 calls, breakable glass (iPhone 4 jokes aside), a battery that would be toxic if chewed enough, and any number of deliciously toxic bits to ingest should the phone be shattered (never underestimate the power of kids to break stuff), it should be perfectly safe, right?

I'm sure there are parents that are responsible about it (carefully supervised, occasional usage together), but for every one of those there are probably ten parents who just let the kids do whatever they want with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.