iPhone MMOG Going Cross-Platform... Even on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Bout time we see a cross platform game. Although I was hoping it would be a cross gaming console game. But I have no lost hope, maybe someday the PS3 players can play against the Xbox 360 players.

Baby steps I suppose.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Might be true for iCrap users, but definitely not for PC.[/citation]

they meant the cross platform mmo part not an exclusive for pc or android. think a game you can play on the phoen orplay your character on your pc/mc.. kinda cool imo though likely extremely limited gameplay due to phone resrictions

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Bring us cross platform FPS that include the consoles and PC! I know no developer will to preserve the ego of the console kids but it would be a fun way to boost your KPD.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Bring us cross platform FPS that include the consoles and PC! I know no developer will to preserve the ego of the console kids but it would be a fun way to boost your KPD.[/citation]

they broke that barrier already a few years back but quickly for some reason nobody else followed suite was a 360/pc title, don't even rememebr the name now, there were rumors earlier this year with m$ trying to get more pc gamers to sell more windows maachines merging xboxlive playerbase with windowslive... they crushed it though in june sayign it wasn't gonna happen :(

kidster3001

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
It didn't happen because serious Pro console gamers continually had their asses handed to them by casual PC players. Console gameplay can't compete with a mouse/keyboard in the same game.

Accidental

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Great. More ways to aimlessly wander around, repetitively kill the same monsters, level up, collect gold and items, and shop for stuff that requires certain level or class. Sounds awesome and exciting!!

greeve

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Pocket Legends is pretty incredible. Amazed at what they have accomplished on the iPhone and thankful that it is going to other devices now.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Bring us cross platform FPS that include the consoles and PC! I know no developer will to preserve the ego of the console kids but it would be a fun way to boost your KPD.[/citation]

Probably wont happen. From what I have gathered, MS had started it with Lost planet in mind and had a few other games in testing. But the problem was that PC gamers would easily wipe the floor with consolers which mad the consolers rage.

So I doubt we will see any cross platform (PC & console) FPS games in the near future.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
That's not true kid. That is mainly only true for fps games and I'd even say certain mmo's that require lots of keybinds. But their plenty of other type of games I'd use a controller before keyboard for: racing games, flying games (unless you got like one of those 500-1000& setups), fighting games..

G

The only reason why I do not play FPS on any console is due to the controls. If they allowed keyboard/mouse controls on consoles then there would be no issues. I do not know why Sony/Microsoft will not allow keyboard/mouse controls in their games, when each console does support mouse/keyboard input already.

I played Final Fantasy 11 online, and that worked fine on the 360. That was cross platform too, you could play your characters on PS2, PC or 360 - and all platforms played on the same servers. The only thing new about this is that the game runs on a mobile platform, but cross platform MMORGs are not new...

Status
Not open for further replies.