iPhone no longer connect to computer with third party wire

wolffex

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I purchased an iphone 4s battery case which requires it to be connected via a mirco usb to usb cable. I used to be able to connect it to my computer and use it just fine but lately my computer no longer recognizes it. It will only charge my phone but I can no longer open it on my computer or in itunes. I updated itunes, tried reinstalling drivers but nothing. However it works when I use the standard iphone cable but to do that I have to remove my case. Any reason why it will no longer work with the micro usb cable? I tried a few of those cables but to no avail. It was working fine for months. How do I resolve this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marion Turner iPhone 0
B iPhone 5
velocci iPhone 4
S iPhone 1
J iPhone 3
J iPhone 3
Avilio_JS iPhone 0
S iPhone 2
MEndsHlp iPhone 1
J iPhone 0
P iPhone 1
Y iPhone 0
Furzumz iPhone 0
L iPhone 2
R iPhone 3
M iPhone 1
G iPhone 0
D iPhone 2
R iPhone 3
D iPhone 1
Similar threads
Question “Your iPhone has been hacked“ pop up
Question iPhone cellular not working after temporarily removing SIM card
Question iphone 11 locked by company
Question Booting iPhone after screen blackout
Question Need iPhone - Current Android No Longer Supported by AT&T
Discussion Does an iPhone track barometric pressure with the phone powered down?
Question Does The iPhone 13 overheats while recording 4k videos for longer periods of times?
Question How to Restore a Disabled iPhone without iTunes.
Question iPhone lost control
Question Bluetooth connectivity problems iPhone X to Clarion head unit
Solved! Can't Open iPhone General Tab Window on MacBook Pro
Question Record Video on iPhone tethered to MBP for Live Preview
Question Earbud 'volume control' buttons for an old iphone
Error 1053 Iphone no longer recognized in control panel or ITunes
Google cloud has my picture no longer have phone number to android but remember phone number need to retrieve photos to iPhone
Solved! I have an iphone 5s I no longer use from straight talk wireless. Can i get it to work on tracfone wireless?
New iPhone Killer Feature May Be Much Longer Battery Life
My microphone on my iPhone 7 Plus no longer works while it is connected to my car. I have to turn off Bluetooth in order for i
I have an ancient Samsung phone that I no longer use. I would LOVE to transfer pics to the new Iphone 4 that i just purchased
How to get access to my old iPhone 6 that I no longer have and password has been hacked

ASK THE COMMUNITY