iPhone OS 3.1.1 Out; Now $4.95 for iPod touch

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

3.1.1 is NOT jailbreakable. Also you can NOT restore 3.0 once you upgrade, so please be cautious. Also if you purchased 3.0, APPLE no longer provides access to that version once upgraded to 3.1.1. So just don't do it yet! Wait until dev team gives the go! Good luck everyone! Email me with questions if you need to, boy@woh.rr.com

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]uunio[/nom]3.1.1 is NOT jailbreakable. Also you can NOT restore 3.0 once you upgrade, so please be cautious. Also if you purchased 3.0, APPLE no longer provides access to that version once upgraded to 3.1.1. So just don't do it yet! Wait until dev team gives the go! Good luck everyone! Email me with questions if you need to, boy@woh.rr.com[/citation]
honestly, this was the most useful comment on the forum so far...

G

I guess the new feature called:

"Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling"

Really means that Exchange Sync will now NOT work If your company is running Exchange 2007 SP1. Thats a new spin on the word Improved :)

Check out the news:
http://www.iphonespies.com/iphone-news/encrypted-microsoft-exchange-blocked-for-iphone-3-1/

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
well done apple ;)))) what can i say? Finally they are ripping you off so blatantly - that even apple fanboys can see it! - Well done!

lex-luther

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
Is it just me or is this list of updates completely useless. I hate ringtones, never had trouble rearranging apps on my home screen, don't use the iTunes store for music, don't use bluetooth and wifi at the same time, dont use microsoft exchange, and dont have a 3GS.

YAWN.........

mirrorspock

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
I really wish they'd put a freaking shuffle by album feature on the touch. I had it on my iPod 20GB and grew to really like it. How hard can it be to do it for the touch? I mean really, I can do it on iTunes for cryin' out loud.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I hope they fixed the OS lag I get sometimes and the sync issues with an MS exchange server... I wish I could have stayed with V 2.X V 3.X has been nothing but a pain so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.