iPhone Rumors - 6S, 6S Plus and 6C Arriving in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Force Touch? Is that like Holding your finger on the screen to simulate a Right click? Ohhh yeah that was in Windows XP tablet edition.

Man the marketing guys at Apple are really going to push this new and exciting feature.

Andy McAdam

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Force Touch would allow the smartphone's display to know the difference between a short tap and a long press,

Just wrong..... it already knows that. Force touch allows it to know how hard you press the screen, not how long. Wake up Toms!!!!

curt504

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
All this is completely irrelevant given my iphone can't even perform as a mediocre phone and save more than 100 last calls and even does a poor job indexing those messily calls. Type in the last 4 digits of a caller's phone number and it won't find the number you are looking right at. It's all sad and maddening. I want 1000's of last calls. I have Gb's unused space...

wuweipap

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
it will have pressure sensitivity. Nice I guess, haptic feedback might be an interesting thing.
1EuZpO4

Ohms lawyer

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
What does Apple want me to do with our 2 sets of very expensive earphones. Just another greedy example of forced obsolescence, which does not represent progress.

bmont69

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I am a 128 GP iPhone 6 owner and I agree with some of the improvements needed. Here would be my focus. 1) Speaker volume on calls or speaker are horrendous. Vast improvement is needed. 2) Multi-tasking ability for a power user. It is a major difference in my family of Note 5 owners and myself. 3) Battery life like volume has been a constant issue on my iPhones. Get it on-par with the best phones. We pay top dollar and expect it from the phone. 4) A couple other wants is noted above on the flattening the camera on the back, but should also improve the quality of the front facing camera. The other would be to offer more color selections. I love the white phone in prior versions, and enjoy the gold one now. Give us more options!

3ogdy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Force Touch is nothing but the Rape Edition name for a feature incorporated 14 years ago ( that is around a decade and a half ago) in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Again, there are vaginas out there claiming CrApple invented the tablet. Did you read that? XP TABLET PC edition. Not even the term itself was invented by CrApple, much less the actual product.

Haroo Minna

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015
A phone would have to be sub 3mm to justify a propriety connector.

The iphone 6 would have to go on a crash diet and slim down by 44% to match the slimmest phone available with 3.5mm headphone jack.

Also there is a 1.6mm standard for headphone jacks available.

chuckchurch

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2005
I think all of this might be a little too late. None of these are really going to pull users from other brands. People who want cutting edge features have probably already moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.