iPhone Time Bug Causing Alarms to be Wrong

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

if you delete all your alarms, turn off your phone, restart your phone and then re enter your alarm times your phone should work fine. try it out on a close future time to be sure

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
set the alarm not to repeat and set it to repeat. thanks that's quite helpful. told my boss i was late because of the apple bug. he didn't buy it.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Probably coded the clock to Add/Subtract an hour depending on whethers its DST, while the underlying data structure that tracks time remains unchanged. If true, other time sensitve parts of the IOS could also be affected...

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Steve Jobs will not have a clock, nor access to current time, in its next iTeration of iJunk, because obviously, 'the world' (his world) isn't ready for it.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]daveprli[/nom]if you delete all your alarms, turn off your phone, restart your phone and then re enter your alarm times your phone should work fine. try it out on a close future time to be sure[/citation]

Amazing to have to do so much just to have a basic thing like the alarm working, what happened to the Q&A and "It just works" that the company brags so much about ?

scubadave

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Wow.. there sure are alot of people in here apple bashing over a simple bug.. They happen people. Some bugs are worse than others, and some are more inconvenient than others too. I'd say a bug that occurs once or twice a year at best is a MICROSCOPIC bug at best.

Even our beloved XP still has bugs. And they just finally killed that OS.

Get a grip people. There are more important things to cry about.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]wmalinowski[/nom]I just have to wonder did Apple did ever TEST product before releasing it? Seriously sounds that they did not.[/citation]

Beta testing is so 90's look at the games that come out. Automatic software updating has made progammers more lazy then ever. Oh don't worry about it we will just fix it with a patch.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Amazing to have to do so much just to have a basic thing like the alarm working, what happened to the Q&A and "It just works" that the company brags so much about ?[/citation]

Cuz you're just doing it wrong.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
now apple will spin this by making you buy an external clock bumper which is three times more expensive than the normal 30$ bumpers, this will make people very angry so eventually they will release a software patch, only available until a certain date after which you will have to buy the clock bumpers.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Why would you rely on one device which is only powered by battery?

Use a real alarm clock, better yet, and analog alarm clock with battery and hard wire. Problem solved. Redundancy is your friend here, as well as in many other aspects of your life.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]Why would you rely on one device which is only powered by battery?Use a real alarm clock, better yet, and analog alarm clock with battery and hard wire. Problem solved. Redundancy is your friend here, as well as in many other aspects of your life.[/citation]
1) This problem is not some random occurrence of a battery going dead, this problem is systematic and built into the device. The problem will still occur if you have have the charging cord in.
2) People are not always at home when they need alarms, where they can have 16 alarm and/or coo-coo clocks all going off at the same time.
3) Using/setting an alarm clock that you are not familiar with has a greater chance of resulting in a problem than any actual hardware failure.
4) Analog clocks do not have AM/PM indicators, unless you are using a 24 hour clock with 24 numbers on the face instead of the normal 12.
5) I will now post this message 6 more times, in case there is some type of failure in registering my comment.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
What astounds me about this bug is that the time on the actual device changes correctly. One would assume that the alarm would go off the display time. But noooo not apple. Gonna be ditching my 3gs for an android once the contract is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.