iPhone to Remotely Access iTunes Media Library, Patent Filing Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joevans

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
The remote feature is already enabled. There's an app for the iPhone called "Remote."

The P2P networking is an interesting feature. I like to hear that.

G

Umm, is this a joke? They are _patenting_, as a unique, new idea, the "breakthrough" of accessing a media library over the network? That's really kind of sad for them, I mean personally I'd be humiliated submitting something like that. It's laughable. Welcome to the next generation of genius patents - take stuff people do all the time, and add "to the iPhone" to the end, and voila - new idea! Idiots.

G

Tversity sort of supports this today. But you can only play a single song each time.

The way around it is to create a single stream and then send this to the ipod. I've been trying to get tversity to stream media to my iPod Touch for about 6 months now.

To patent the technology is a joke.

G

''Johnny22'' I am so with you, this is non-sense, I've been doing this for at least 3 years now on my Windows Mobile phone, Orb, anybody. Seems like Apple can patent whatever they will, kinda sad no one is answering back...

Cheers,
JiM

BTW I am not an apple fan nor basher, I have a macbook but use boot camped vista most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.