Solved! Iphone upgrades

Apr 25, 2021
Hi,

About a month ago, I received a text message from AT&T to say that my iphone 5S would not work after February 2022 , advising me to upgrade. I have a prepaid plan with AT&T, and purchased the phone myself about 6 years ago. I was planning to do something similar again, and buy an iphone SE (2020) from the Apple store. My question is - should I buy a locked or an unlocked phone? I have no interest in changing my plan or carrier. Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

About a month ago, I received a text message from AT&T to say that my iphone 5S would not work after February 2022 , advising me to upgrade. I have a prepaid plan with AT&T, and purchased the phone myself about 6 years ago. I was planning to do something similar again, and buy an iphone SE (2020) from the Apple store. My question is - should I buy a locked or an unlocked phone? I have no interest in changing my plan or carrier. Thanks!

Makes not difference which one you choose, but chances are that an iPhone SE unlocked is not much different from one specifically for AT&T, unless you use some AT&T upgrade to buy it. I like BestBuy for phone deals if there is one around you, they were very good with activating mine...
Hi,

Makes not difference which one you choose, but chances are that an iPhone SE unlocked is not much different from one specifically for AT&T, unless you use some AT&T upgrade to buy it. I like BestBuy for phone deals if there is one around you, they were very good with activating mine when I had to swap in middle of a business trip and they can add it to your plan for a small cost per month vs an upfront cost without any extra fees.

Solution