Question my iPhone SE 3 is not making calls,

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
my iPhone SE 3rd gen, is not making calls, when i call it says "call failed"

i am still able to text, use mobile data.
I can still call through messenger apps like skype.

but i have service and a cell phone plan. maybe i installed a new app, but also recently i updated the iOS , and the calls might of stopped working after that.

I have cell service & a cell phone plan. i have a tracfone service plan , but when my tracfone mobile data runs out it becomes safelink.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony 7911

Anthony 7911

Great
Aug 12, 2022
Resetting network settings on your iPhone erases all internet and network-related data stored on your device. This includes names of WiFi networks, passwords, Bluetooth devices you've previously paired with, cellular network preferences, and VPN settings.

A network settings reset is different from a factory reset, the latter of which deletes all of your files and personal data. This is typically done when you trade in your old iPhone for a new one. With a network settings reset, your files and media are preserved, as well as web browser data and mobile carrier information.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
My friend dialed my number, sitting next to me, and I didn’t even get the call -show up on my phone

but she was able to leave a voicemail.
Also the voicemails don’t come instantly, but about 5- 30 minutes later.

it’s just hard for me to fix my phone, because I have a disability.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
good morning,
friends,

if i go to the apple store, what should i say, word-for-word for them to fix the issue?

if i go to the best buy store - geek squad, what should i say, word-for-word for them to fix the issue?

or should i focus on contacting tracfone?

I still haven't had time to try a new sim card, even though i can afford a new sim card, it costs $2, in my city.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
the apple store did something to my phone in the back of the store, and they also changed the SIM Card, and they factory reset the phone , without deleting my photos.

but now my hotspot does not work, through safelink.

Stan_13572

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
the apple store did something to my phone in the back of the store, and they also changed the SIM Card, and they factory reset the phone , without deleting my photos.

but now my hotspot does not work, through safelink.
does anyone know why i dont have hotspot ? because before through safelink i always had hotspot.

And it is very convenient because i can give internet to my other devices, such as my other devices

Can someone read on here?

i bought the 14gb plan but i dont have the hotspot function on my iPhone SE 3rd Gen, is this an issue from the carrier, or do i need to change something again through the iPhone iOS settings?

Anthony 7911

Great
Aug 12, 2022
does anyone know why i dont have hotspot ? because before through safelink i always had hotspot.

And it is very convenient because i can give internet to my other devices, such as my other devices

Can someone read on here?

i bought the 14gb plan but i dont have the hotspot function on my iPhone SE 3rd Gen, is this an issue from the carrier, or do i need to change something again through the iPhone iOS settings?

If you can't find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.
Did your iPhone SE have hotspot before?

Status
Not open for further replies.