iPhone Users Have the Most Sexual Partners

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Well this is some BULLS*&T! I'm 30 and I've had a "few" more than 12 partners. This test is not valid because cell phones were only starting to become mainstream when I was about 14 (1994). Kids sure as hell didn't have cell phones when I was in HS. I had to go through the high school years with a pager. An average of 12 partners... weak.

/Ditched my iPhone for a Samsung Galaxy S

noneedformonkeys

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The point you are all missing is that this is "GIZMODO" bull, re-regurgitated onto Tom's Guide. I challenge the quality of the editing department within Tom's Guide (if it even exists). Why is it so hard to be unbiased, grammatically correct, write your own news articles, or sometimes do even a simple spell check? At least gizmodo put a lot more content behind their article.

Everyone reading articles here is succumbing to a lower standard of journalism as OK. You are being fed "hand-picked" data, presented and spun in a provocative way to stir it up and get responses, nothing more.

But if you want to drink the kool-aid and pad your iEgos taking this article as factual, that is your damage, and you truly are the target audience.

I have a iPhone4 in my pocket for work.
Now if you believe this article, then I also have been with 2x the number of your moms since receiving the iPhone.
Hawh ha !!!!

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Aerages are statistics, not that you will or you personal can, do XYZ. And it's only really valid with large sample sets not individuals. Median is far more usefule when you are talking about indviduals.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
lol i guess people cant take a joke... typical apple users. Why dont you guys try spending a couple of decades being the international punching bag for geek rage then come talk to us in the windows community. you've always been sort of immune to the jokes about PCs since you were such a small sliver of the market. Now that the mobile device wing of apple is taking off and they are finding problems with them all of a sudden you kids in "Gen Y" (or as I call them Generation "meh") who were always too cool to be told macs suck are getting sand kicked in your faces and the nerd rage is strong. The fact is apple doesnt make very good products they've just always been a small community compared to the windows one (well since about 1995ish) that no one has bothered finding the flaws with the software. So everyone in mac world just went on their merry little ways with their extremely expensive hardware that wasnt even comparable to a $600 dell pc in the performance dept. and were blissfully unaware that there were any problems. Now we find out that there are more holes in safari than IE, steve jobs doesnt care about your calls dropping enough to fix the problem inside the phone he just gives everyone 90 days to put in for a free rubberband to help the issue, and they went from using powerPC chips to intel and now are moving to the even cheaper amd... the cheapest mac other than the mini is what 1100 bucks? For what would constitute a $499 dell if it was a pc and a hacked version of debian linux for an os. You guys have been given the shaft so many times you have battered wife syndrome. Oh its my fault im not holding it correctly, oh I dont need to game I have iMovie, etc. You think that because you paid 3k for your system it's better than a pc and its better looking but if the design of your pc means it goes from 500 bucks to 3000 bucks I have some modern art Id like to sell you. I call it "angry brownies" and it's on sale fr the low price of your soul. Come on buy it now while I still have diarrhea and can make more!

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]lol i guess people cant take a joke... typical apple users. Why dont you guys try spending a couple of decades being the international punching bag for geek rage then come talk to us in the windows community. you've always been sort of immune to the jokes about PCs since you were such a small sliver of the market. Now that the mobile device wing of apple is taking off and they are finding problems with them all of a sudden you kids in "Gen Y" (or as I call them Generation "meh") who were always too cool to be told macs suck are getting sand kicked in your faces and the nerd rage is strong. The fact is apple doesnt make very good products they've just always been a small community compared to the windows one (well since about 1995ish) that no one has bothered finding the flaws with the software. So everyone in mac world just went on their merry little ways with their extremely expensive hardware that wasnt even comparable to a $600 dell pc in the performance dept. and were blissfully unaware that there were any problems. Now we find out that there are more holes in safari than IE, steve jobs doesnt care about your calls dropping enough to fix the problem inside the phone he just gives everyone 90 days to put in for a free rubberband to help the issue, and they went from using powerPC chips to intel and now are moving to the even cheaper amd... the cheapest mac other than the mini is what 1100 bucks? For what would constitute a $499 dell if it was a pc and a hacked version of debian linux for an os. You guys have been given the shaft so many times you have battered wife syndrome. Oh its my fault im not holding it correctly, oh I dont need to game I have iMovie, etc. You think that because you paid 3k for your system it's better than a pc and its better looking but if the design of your pc means it goes from 500 bucks to 3000 bucks I have some modern art Id like to sell you. I call it "angry brownies" and it's on sale fr the low price of your soul. Come on buy it now while I still have diarrhea and can make more![/citation]

You sir obviously didn't buy an iphone. ;D I'm somehow relieved that you, statistically, will have less chance to procreate. I also find it funny that you specifically talk about "nerd rage", and then go on what I would like to call a "nerd berserk-fest" while CONTINUING to, basically, prove the statistic accurate. Any female, slut or nun, bimbo or scholar, would not be attracted to the blind, egotistical filth that poured out of your mouth. Something tells me your mother never washed your mouth out with soap. Oh well, too late I suppose ;D Can't save 'em all, lol.

Anyway, good luck with the hemroids :)

G

These picture comparisons are comparing apples to oranges. The actual content in each photo are different even though it is the same person. The lighting, the colors, the makeup, hair, etc. all different in each photo. A lot of times people look better in lower resolution photos due to a natural air brushing effect vs. every pimple and wrinkle seen. The logical in this article is flawed.

long2know

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
This is what Tom's posts as news? Where's the news article that talks about Android sales are up 886% and surpassed iPhone and Blackberry in Q2??

I find it odd that that is the one bit of news that Tom's omits.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]smlong426[/nom]This is what Tom's posts as news? Where's the news article that talks about Android sales are up 886% and surpassed iPhone and Blackberry in Q2??I find it odd that that is the one bit of news that Tom's omits.[/citation]

We didn't omit it at all:

Android Smartphones Overtake iPhone in the U.S.

NPD: Android is Top Selling U.S. Smartphone OS

I also wrote a story about 50% of BlackBerry users wanting to switch to either Android or Apple.

50% of BlackBerry Users Want Apple or Android

If you still feel we've left something out, feel free to PM one of us and let us know. After you've checked the Android section of the site to make sure we actually have omitted it, of course.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Something is missing from this thread... have several posts been deleted? Isn't that a bit like the Pharaohs erasing enemies from history?

long2know

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]We didn't omit it at all:Android Smartphones Overtake iPhone in the U.S.NPD: Android is Top Selling U.S. Smartphone OSI also wrote a story about 50% of BlackBerry users wanting to switch to either Android or Apple.50% of BlackBerry Users Want Apple or AndroidIf you still feel we've left something out, feel free to PM one of us and let us know. After you've checked the Android section of the site to make sure we actually have omitted it, of course.[/citation]
I sincerely apologize, Jane. I completely missed this in the headlines.

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
does this mean that iphone using women are naturally more promiscuous or that somewhat less intelligent women are more promiscuous?

ubronan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
hahaha thats nice that means you should absolutely not get a iphone partner since the change they cheat on you is to the max :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS