iPhone Users Pick Obvious iPhone Passcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

it just shows that the average person/user is a friggin moron. if you didnt already know this you are most likely included in the prior statement.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
firstly, this isn't news, this is common sense that probably a good 20 percent of people, even the technologically inclined, choose shit passwords.

secondly, why are 5683 and 1998 "obvious" passwords? just because they're common doesn't mean the person who put them in is retarded.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
There's people like this when it comes to Windows, Mac, iOS or Android.

A couple weeks ago i was at a clients office setting up an NAS server for them to store their data files on, and they used "password" for most of their things lol. I scolded them.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Regardless of whether he can use the passcodes, he's still extracted them from the iPhone without the users expressed permission! Is this not an illegal use of Data Mining??? He published the data for christs sake. There is a difference in Tesco using me as a figure since they have the records, but if somebody from McAfee took the password from my computer and used it as a statistic and published it I'd start talking to my solicitor about it!

ughx

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]beforetheafter[/nom]were these mostly females sampled?[/citation]

+ 4321, 0123, 3210

ughx

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]I'm surprised 1337 and 9001 aren't on the list[/citation]

+4321, 0123, 3210

anotherzen

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Dark Helmet: So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lafayette[/nom]it just shows that the average person/user is a friggin moron. if you didnt already know this you are most likely included in the prior statement.[/citation]
or the average user just doesnt care. i get annoyed when my 5 letter password doenst work for sites
i get @#$@ed off when my 10 letter password with numbers isnt accepted
and i want to kill the person at sony who made me make a random password (the word starts with the letter c) and add numbers to it too, but not the same letter or number twice in a row...

let me put it this way, i dont care about online security, i care that every time i go to a site i dont have to try to remember what my password was. [citation][nom]collie147[/nom]Regardless of whether he can use the passcodes, he's still extracted them from the iPhone without the users expressed permission! Is this not an illegal use of Data Mining??? He published the data for christs sake. There is a difference in Tesco using me as a figure since they have the records, but if somebody from McAfee took the password from my computer and used it as a statistic and published it I'd start talking to my solicitor about it![/citation]

they inputed it into his program, and he has an eula that says he can, their fault for not reading it and accepting therms.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
This isn't a problem only with Apple fanbois, but if said fanbois pay 3x the price for hardware to look cool at Starbucks, this news doesn't surprise me.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]lafayette[/nom]it just shows that the average person/user is a friggin moron. if you didnt already know this you are most likely included in the prior statement.[/citation]
...it just proves that people choose simplicity and feasibility over security (and in the end blame lack of security)

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]anotherzen[/nom]Dark Helmet: So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage![/citation]

yeah...got to be one of the best quote from the movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k

says lot about users of the "smartphones"....

Status
Not open for further replies.