iPhone X Hands-on: The iPhone, Perfected

Status
Not open for further replies.

david.ascherg

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
"The iPhone, Perfected" Have we not heard this claim 4 or 5 or 7 times already?? Nothing other than the overly expensive display appears to be earth shaking. The other 'fun' stuff sounds like it'll make for some silly fads. No improvements to Siri? Or did they finally give up on Siri? I don't know a single iPhone user who ever used Siri past the first day they had the phone - oh, except to show people who did not have it how cool it was.
$1000 bux? As they say in the furniture biz - "there's a seat for every ass".

M

M.Spoonauer

Thanks for your comment. Among the new iPhones, the iPhone X looks like a winner,
but there's plenty of great alternatives, including the Galaxy Note 8.

Ron_101

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Not worth $1000 when there are plenty of other phones that do most of the same stuff, Android could easily add many of the same features to S8 and the new Note.

Sep 12, 2017
the only reason i have to buy the iphone 10 is that my wife wont budge from moving away from ios. i would have preferred to get her a samsung note

tomcondon

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
The inflation adjusted cost of the original iPhone the day it came out is roughly 1,059.00. Since mobile providers are not subsidizing the phones now and are rather inexpensive for cell and data service, 999.99 is hardly a ripoff for the amazing technology you get in the iPhone X. Well done Apple.

bunfun2005

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
look how he has to hold it to not touch the screen inadvertently. I have an S7 Edge and holding it in the palm of one hand when walking around is difficult because no bezel at the bottom

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
"There's no Home button to get in your way, and there's only screen in front of you. It's an evolution ten years in the making" I mean come on, this is nothing ground breaking. Also, 1200 canadian dollars for a phone that make your face into an emoji and puts 3D games on your table ain't worth the money. Plus, I'm sure many people will agree that the fingerprint lock system is much more convenient than a facial recognition system which forces you to have your phone in your face rather than at your fingertips. We used to pay 100-200$ for a good smart phone a few years ago. Justifying the cost now is just ridiculous.

billtech67

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Hopelessly wondering if they have finally fixed two big problems (for me, and many others who've complained): can you now do a search in calendar back MORE than one year?
And the other issue: when you start a search, if you don't type FAST, it will start searching for the first letter you entered, freezing the phone while it THINKS about that. Especially if, like me, you have LOTS of data on the phone. I had been a huge apple fan, spending over $100,000 dollars on Apple products since the APPLE II. But they lost me when the iphone came out (I had 3 of them, hoping every time.) they've dumbed down the much more useful (to me and many others) personal assistants that were all competing with each other to ADD more features. NOW cell phones are all like the iphone, very limited compared to what was coming up before the iphone set the standard.
(BTW, I'M STILL STUCK WITH A MAC. since 1985, I'm using software for my business only available on a Mac. and they no longer MAKE a worthwhile mac desktop. Dumbed them all down as well. AND made one that's tiny, NOT upgradable and VERY expensive, with a narrow target buyer (CAM/CAD or video crunchers? REQUIRING bags of dongles, cables, accessories, etc. costing another large amount of money.)
PLUS the idea that having a phone that has to be handled with kid gloves (touching the edge accidentally) causing it to open programs, or erase something, or make a call, all accidentally is to me industrial strength stupid.

BillLumberg

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Dongles. Fast charging not included and costly. No headphone jack. Wireless charging *new* in 2017. Bezel-less *new* in 2017.

Is there actually a point apple users say enough is enough?

BillLumberg

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Think about it. Wireless charging and fast charging is a new concept to Apple users. Same with facial recognition and gestures and oled.

I dont care if apple waits to perfect. This should have been all available to customers years ago. This isnt new technology that needed years to mature.

numach

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
This review is basically just an ad for the phone... and it still doesn't impress me. I've tried Apple when the iPhone 6 came out and when my 2 years was up I went running back to an Android phone. I can't stand the limiting Apple eco-sphere and they've yet to come up something so groundbreaking that I would consider using any of their products again (I've also had extensive experience with Mac's - I'll take the PC please, with a side of Linux).

mpstan01

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Looking to upgrade from my Note 4; only occasional SPen user, like the size and speed of the iPhone X and am contemplating just getting a Note 8 vs stripping an iPhone X as much as I can and sticking mostly to Google Apps. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.