iPhone Xs and Xs Max Benchmarked: World's Fastest Phones (Again)

Ronald_31

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Silly. because it makes the iPhone easier to use, less of an interference to one's stream of thought. Every moment of delay is a potential moment for a thought to be lost, train of thought to be derailed, effort to be abandoned. Buy Android and don't just lose more of your privacy but take more timeouts for coffee, not to mention waste more time tweaking the endlessly customizable UI.

mig6220

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
When the screen resolution is that low, it frees up power to do other things.
In other news...

mig6220

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
and "endlessly customizable UI's are a waste of time.."? Wow.
99 percent of what every human does on earth is a smartphone is a waste of time. Smh

Sep 19, 2018
The Geekbench scores reported here are considerably higher than the ones on browser.geekbench.com and elsewhere on the web... Why is that?

bobdupuu

Estimable
Jul 7, 2018

bobdupuu

Estimable
Jul 7, 2018
Not sure what phones you have been using, but I am not aware of any discernible delays that would be revealed by the Geekbench comparisons. My thoughts do not come and go with nanosecond speed. I AM more aware of delays due to data transfer speeds. Let's see a more realistic real-world comparison of that. I am not a gamer and I do not do photo editing on my phone, so I do not have any first hand experience to offer with those. It's all about bragging rights.

Aug 24, 2018
Pretty sure all the real time delays people experience I can see is 1. transcoding video 2. waiting for data to load from your provider. That is what I saw from real world comparisons. The bench scores show one is better than the other. Havent transcoded a video on any phone ever. Even on my X.

techconc

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
Killuaxgod wrote:
"not as large of a jump compared to 7-> 8/X"

True, the change in the CPU performance was rather disappointing. Of course, the fact that Apple can basically do almost nothing with it and still have class leading performance is pretty impressive. In this case, Apple seems to have spent their focus on improving the GPU and the Neural Engine. The the shift of workloads more to machine learning and AI, it's clear why Apple is going in this direction and is again setting the standard for the industry.

Oct 5, 2018
I am a Samsung person I do think apple makes some pretty good phones and they are great with software. this is 2 different OS that handles processing different. Is the benchmark really accurate not bashing at all plus the phones use different resolutions Samsung much higher. That would mean the process would be more demanding on the Samsung. SAMSUNG has a lot of running process going on for features. iPhone really don't they are more simple to use and most people like that. Do you think these differences does make a difference in the score model. What do you guys think. Please don't be mean if your android that's good and if you are iphone cool. What do u think about what I brought up not who makes a better phone.

techconc

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017

For starters, you should form your opinion based a variety of sources and benchmarks. Anandtech just posted a good article talking about the A12 chip in detail and they also perform a variety of tests. Without question, the A12 is the fastest mobile chip on the market and by a considerable margin. This isn't just true for the CPU and GPU. Other aspects are way ahead such as the ISP and the Neural Engine, etc.

Your comments about screen resolution don't apply here. Most benchmark tests are completely independent of screen resolution. Even on dedicated GPU tests where it does matter, they typically offer an "off screen" mode to again take screen resolution out of the equation. Finally, with the Xs Max, the screen is sufficiently large to also negate such comments.

As for Samsung having a "lot of processes going on", etc. Like what? How is it different from iOS? iOS also has background processes running that can impact performance.

Oct 5, 2018

That's
Nice
I was Been nice about the whole thing I gave apple good things and samsung. This is not what I wanted they can have the crown I dont care I asked a question. That's it

TRENDING THREADS