Ipod/ iphone/ android

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
HI All...

I know i am somewhat silly..:).
But i want to know the basic difference in ipod touch (ios5) and iphone (ios5).
Except the calling facility and the camera.
If i want to use for applications, gamings and music/videos. Is both the devise works same?

Also i was waiting for the iphone5 but it didn't came up..:(...
Is any phone is there, which can beat iphone?
Any android phone..

I also like the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S...How is this phone? Related to the applications with IOS??

Please help me..

do you want a phone or just a touchscreen "device" ?

if you want a phone, dont think about an ipod touch. if you want a touch device and not a phone, you'd be better off with a tablet.

the iphone 5 is still being developed. all you will hear about it so far are rumors. deal with it or move on.

as far as beating an iphone its a matter of opinion. the only real edge it has is its app store is more mature (but restrictive) and the phone is simple (but restrictive). android phones remove the restrictions but also might have a few more quirks. the app market is also less mature but this is improving.

if you meant "beats the iphone hardware" then the new nexus prime will. rumors of either dual or quad core and a true 720p display. details to be released tomorrow actually if all goes well.

the xperia is android, the iphon is ios. either you want ios or android...pick one. many companies have apps on either platform now.

---

we can only give you some information,

you have to make the choice yourself.

Unless you want to be able to put the device in your pocket.

The one thing that an iPhone can do (only on AT&T network) that an Android phone cannot do is the ability to talk and use the smartphone features of the phone while talking such as looking up someone's phone number or surf the web. That is the one major technical difference.

As mentioned by ssddx, Apple's apps store is much bigger and more mature. Not a surprise since Android phones came out after iPhones. Unless there is a specific game or app you want this is only available for either phone, then don't worry too much about the apps/games that are available.

The great thing about Android phones is the fact that there are many of them so you can look around to find out which one is best for you. The bad thing about Android phones is that there are so many of them, you can get confused about which one is best for you. Some phones Android phones have larger screens (up to 4.1") than others which generally makes it better for watching movies or playing games. But it also makes it bigger. The maximum resolution is 800 x 480 I believe for Android phones. Some can be smaller than that.

The iPhones only have a 3.5" screen, however the resolution is 960 x 640 more things can fit on the screen, but they can be a bit more difficult to see/read.

The only thing I can tell you is go to various cellphone stores look that phones that might interest you, then do research. I sure you have friends with iPhones and Android phones so ask them their option about what they like and dislike about their phones.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Hi,
I can buy both but as i am waiting for the iphone 5.
I don;t know about nexus prime, but i will surely look after it.

As in my opinion and my friends all are saying that go for ios as android is weak and quite slow.
Is this true?

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

HI..
I want the without the contract. I am in India and i want to use with our own network so i have to grab unlocked phone.
Yes, i have friends but all says go for ios and android users are not happy. But on the other hand when i go for internet research all are saying to go for android and it is in good demand.
That is why i am confused..:eek:

Also, i like the iphone display feature as it has 326 ppi...
but other android phone has maximum of 230ppi.

sorry to say but your friends are what we like to call apple fanboys. they refuse to believe that anything else is an option.

quite a few android users are happy. sure a few arent but the same is most true for apple as well. many people hate how apple runs its company.

"But it also makes it bigger. The maximum resolution is 800 x 480 I believe for Android phones. Some can be smaller than that."..... nexus prime will be 720p... with ppi around the iphones level but with a bigger screen.

also in terms of ppi...230 is WAY more than enough for a phone. more is better for sure but its not bad to have 230. i'm on a 800x480 myself.

android phones can be very quick and responsive. they aren't as "dumb simple" as iphones tend to be but give many more options. the only slow phones are the ones where people cram too many apps on them (iphone users can do the same thing) or the very ancient first droid and similar phones. any newer phone (dual cores) should be more than fast enough.

---

in the end, dont believe and do what your friends want. do what YOU want. look at the information available and make the choice yourself.

whether you pick iphone or droid, ios or android, either could work. everything comes down to preferences.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Ya, i just seen the nexus but as a student is is quite large phone.
It is for business people i think which can be put easily in Coat or in the car.
but i want to keep my phone in Jeans..:)...

Also, yes i know about the applications.
But the main think is that apple ios has more good games and apps.
Like a game of more then 200 MB or 400MB but android is not that much.
Is this so?

Which Android phone you has?
Are you satisfied with it?

I also liked the Xperia Arc S.
And if i will buy then i will go for this phone or iphone 5...:p
If iphone5 has delay in launching then ipod touch..:D

the prime shouldnt be any larger than the droidx... which is big but still small enough to put in a pocket.

i'm using a droid incredible. an older single core phone but its still great. one nice thing about android...i'm rooted running a different os version (miui android 2.3 instead of stock 2.2) which gives me free wifi tether!

iphone 5 hasnt been officially announced. it could be months before its out.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

ok..thanks for the help...:)

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Two of the new iPod models, iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano, are based on flash hard disk technology. This new hard disk is ultra slim and is able to withstand shock and vigorous movement. Unlike 4G models, this make the iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano ultra slim and allow them to be used for vigorous activities, including sporting activity, dance, accidental drops, etc. Previous 4G models were less robust and vigorous activity tend to cause possible malfunction.
iPhone

Thanks for the nice information.... :D ;)