Is a 2nd Generation Ipad (WiFi only) worth keeping?

pattycakes81

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Hello,

I was in the process of cleaning out my closets and found my old 2nd Generation 16gb Ipad. I didn't find the charger.

Do guys think it would be worth it to get a charger?

Or you think it's too old to upgrade, in order to be able to use with current OS and current programs?

Thank you

Solution
Try and find a charger, you never know what old stuff is on there(Pics, old apps, etc) and if the battery is dead I'd just can it. I'd personally keep it but that's just because I like rocking old things in public, call me a hipster lol.

austinjworld667

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Try and find a charger, you never know what old stuff is on there(Pics, old apps, etc) and if the battery is dead I'd just can it. I'd personally keep it but that's just because I like rocking old things in public, call me a hipster lol.

Solution

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
You can't upgrade the iPad 2 to iOS 10 - you're stuck on iOS 9, which is getting outdated (iOS 11 is soon to be released in September). It's not that much of a problem now: most apps are still running on iOS 9, so for a few months or maybe even a year, you'll be able to update your apps and use them. On the other hand, it's getting obsolete day by day, so it's definitely not future-proof.

I would use it as I am very much like the previous commenter: I still use a mint condition iPhone 3GS and a Late 2007 MacBook Black (although both tweaked to a point where they are quite usable even today), but if you're not like me and you just want your things to work as is, you're better off buying a new iPad.